Currently localized for Czech, English, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish
Welcome to the first of many mods that I will be bringing to Darkest Dungeon! My goal with my mods is to create the highest quality content that feels as if it belongs within the base game itself. With that in mind, I want to make sure that this disclaimer is clear:
This mod is not an official Red Hook Studios product or product modification, and Red Hook Studios Inc. is not responsible in any way for changes or damages that may result from using the mod. Furthermore, “Darkest Dungeon” and the Darkest Dungeon logo are trademarks of Red Hook Studios Inc. All content in the game is Copyright Red Hook Studios Inc. All rights reserved.
Almost everything within this mod has been created by me. All of the character art is drawn by me and animated by me.
The Falconer is a ranged character who shines best in ranks 3 and 4. She is not rendered useless however, if she is forced into ranks 1 and 2 as her avian companion has a variety of moves to help her quickly return to her favored position. She serves as a disruptor, applying debuffs and distracting enemies to give her allies an upper hand. However, the Falconer is not a direct fighter. Her damage output is lower than most characters and if she is caught in an unfavorable position, her life may very well be at risk.
You can read the Falconer Comic here.
- Quickshot: Usable in Ranks 3 and 4. Targets Enemy Ranks 2, 3, or 4. Moderate DMG with a small SPD buff. Increased DMG vs. Marked.
- Diversion: Usable in any Rank. Marks self and greatly increases DODGE while granting a small SPD buff.
- Eyethief: Usable in any Rank. Targets any Enemy Rank. Can target and break Stealth. Small DMG and Mark with an ACC debuff.
- Flurry: Usable in any Rank. Targets Enemy Ranks 1, 2, AND 3. Small DMG with a Shuffle. Applies a Move Resist, Stun Resist, and ACC Debuff.
- Spirited Cry: Usable in any Rank. Targets entire Friendly Party. Clear Stun, heals a small amount of Stress, and applies a small SPD buff.
- Volley Fire: Usable in Rank 3 and 4. Targets Enemy Ranks 2, 3,AND 4. Moderate DMG.
- Fleeting Escape: Usable in Ranks 1 and 2. Targets Enemy Rank 1 or 2. Move to Rank 4, gain a SPD buff, and apply small DMG and an ACC debuff to the target of the attack.
- Target Practice: ACC and CRIT buff to self.
- Scavenge: Produce a random amount of food.
- Camouflage: DODGE and ACC buff to self as well as increased chance to surprise Monsters.
- Heightened Senses: Prevents nighttime ambush and applies a Scouting Chance buff.
If you want to see the effects of each of the Falconer's trinkets, you can find them here.
To play with the Falconer, download the Falconer Main Files.
If you plan to also play with the Crimson Court DLC enabled, also download the Falconer Crimson Court Trinkets Mod.
If you want to play with the Falconer as soon as possible, download the Immediate Falconer Town Event Mod.
To install any of the files for the Falconer, unzip the downloaded files and drag the entirety of the folder into the mods folder in your DarkestDungeon game folder(For Steam users, this is usually located at C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DarkestDungeon\).
After this, the mod will appear in the Mods List in the start menu. The Mods List is accessible via a little blue hammer next to each save file. Click the little check mark and the mod will be enabled for that save file.
After this, you should be good to go!
Baertaffy, a famous Darkest Dungeon content creator has made a modded campaign, you can watch the first episode here.
ElementFive streams Darkest Dungeon and plays with a variety of mods, including some of mine. You can check out his Twitch channel here.
SliceAndDiceHS, a polish streamer, plays Darkest Dungeon with the Falconer. You can check out his Twitch channel here.
Tyrinar, an overall great guy and streamer, plays Darkest Dungeon with the Falconer. You can check out his Twitch channel here.
Feedback and Suggestions
I am always open to hearing feedback on my mods. Do you think the character is too weak or OP? Do you have suggestions for future mods? Let me know what you think in the comment sections! Please note that if you suggest something to me, it doesn't mean I will do it. I'll simply think about it.
My ultimate goal as a human being is to become part of the gaming industry working on games that people will love. I spend as much time as I can perfecting my craft and improving my skill. Darkest Dungeon is one of my all time favorite games and I really want to create content that people will enjoy. If you feel like this mod has positively added to your experience playing Darkest Dungeon, please let me know! :)
If you have created content based on my mod(such as gameplay videos, fanart, etc.), please share it with me! I'd love to see how you all use this character in your team comps!
If you feel that my mod has enriched your Darkest Dungeon experience and you want to tip me, you may do so with the "Donate" link.
Bugs and Issues
It is very likely that there may be a few bugs within my mod. If so, do let me know in the comments section and I will address the issue as soon as I can!
Many thanks for checking out my mod! I hope to hear what you all think of it soon!
Czech Localization by SilentSelest
French localization by Felmarg and Lord Poulpy
German localization by LittleSister
Polish localization by Ink Heart and Athanor
Russian localization by Jack Cucchiaio
Spanish localization by Raisen-kun, Misifus, and Marcus Fenix
Special thanks to Red Hook for creating such a great game!