Gryphons have returned to Ark in this Ascended remake of my original Gryphons mod, remade from the ground up.
Currently working on: Pygmy Gryphons (abilities, accessories)
2023-12-05: Pygmy Gryphons are now officially invading your servers after approval by CurseForge! Details can be found further down the description.
2023-11-15: The Gryphon Nest is back! This nest will help hatch gryphon eggs providing there's a gryphon roosting on top of it. (See the image I added) Simply drop the eggs near the nest.
2023-11-12: All engrams now require the Gryphons Workbench, which is a custom crafting station designed to better organize the mod's added items. As an additional bonus I've included a skin that adds goggles to the basic saddle.
2023-11-08: Basic gryphon saddles has been added! This asset has been designed by the wonderful Kokuma3D. She's currently working on the custom asset for the Arctic Gryphon which I hope to reintroduce soon.
- A new crafting station (the Gryphons Workbench) and two distinct saddles: A two person basic saddle at level 50 and an armored single person saddle at level 70. The basic saddle has an optional goggles skin available.
- Spawns on all maps using Island spawn regions (This includes Svartalfheim!)
- Additional colour regions for the eyes and beak/claws
- New feather textures and a redone body texture
Mountain Gryphons. The original gryphon we know and love, almost entirely remade from the ground up to be fully compatible with the various changes introduced in Ascended and then enhanced further with new HD textures. Found in mountain biomes and Carnivore Island.
Pygmy Gryphons. Pygmy Gryphons are ferocious cat-sized critters that roam redwoods, jungles and swamps in search of prey. Tame them to earn their eternal loyalty, then carry them around on your back! Much smaller than their mountain brethren, though definitely not to be underestimated. They can occasionally be found in packs of up to three members, and will attack pretty much anything on sight. They're a classic knock-out tame.
Admin spawn codes:
- Spawn Mountain Gryphon (Tamed, level 150) - cheat gmsummon "Gryphon_Character_BP_C" 150
- Spawn Mountain Gryphon (Wild, level 150) - cheat SpawnDino “Blueprint'/Gryphons/Subspecies/Mountain/Gryphon_Character_BP.Gryphon_Character_BP'” 0 300 0 150
- Spawn Pygmy Gryphon (Tamed, level 150) - cheat gmsummon "Gryphon_Pygmy_Character_BP_C" 150
- Spawn Pygmy Gryphon (Wild, level 150) - cheat SpawnDino “Blueprint'/Gryphons/Subspecies/Pygmy/Gryphon_Pygmy_Character_BP.Gryphon_Pygmy_Character_BP'” 0 300 0 150
- Gryphons Workbench - cheat gfi PrimalItemStructure_GryphonsWorkbench 1 1 0
- Gryphon Nest - cheat gfi PrimalItemStructure_GryphonNest 1 1 0
- Mountain Gryphon Saddle (Basic) - cheat gfi PrimalItemArmor_GryphonSaddle_Basic 1 1 0
- Mountain Gryphon Saddle (Armored) - cheat gfi PrimalItemArmor_GryphonSaddle_Armored 1 1 0
- Mountain Gryphon Goggles - cheat gfi PrimalItemSkin_GryphonGoggles 1 1 0
- Pygmy Gryphon Goggles - cheat gfi PrimalItemArmor_GryphonGoggles_Pygmy 1 1 0
EngramEntries: EngramEntry_GryphonsWorkbench - EngramEntry_GryphonNest - EngramEntry_Saddle_Gryphon_Basic - EngramEntry_Saddle_Gryphon_Armored - EngramEntry_GryphonGoggles - EngramEntry_GryphonGogglesPygmy
To be (re-)added:
Arctic Gryphons. Arctic Gryphons live in snowy regions and possess higher levels of stamina to help them weather the cold, the improved stat countered by a slight health and weight capacity penalty. Naturally, these are found anywhere where there's snow.
Further additions: More gryphon varieties will be introduced in a separate mod called Gryphons: Extended.