ArkInventory (for both Retail and Classic WoW)
Shadowlands support is enabled in version 3.09.31 onwards
You can copy your savedvariables file from retail to beta to transfer your current settings.
The steaming pile that is twitch
* Sorry, i have no idea what version twitch will give you at the moment
* twitch may (lets face it, it will) have issues seeing these latest versions as retail (live), and classic compatible, you can download them manually if required, they will work for classic, and retail (live, ptr, and beta)
* if arkinventory doesnt work at all then then twitch has probably downloaded the nolib version for you, just because, so right click on arkinventory > install settings > install libraries separately < untick that option, then download the normal version. either that or its screwed it up completely, in which case you're better off deleting arkinventory (use twitch or it just makes it worse - but make sure you backup your savedvariables file first as it most likely delete that even if youve disabled that option), then reinstall via twitch (and hope it works this time)
try the new curseforge overwolf client instead, it cant be any worse
Alpha / Beta Versions: Ensure you make a backup copy of your saved variables file
Sometimes you cannot revert back to a previous version without a backup so before installing any alpha/beta version please make sure you have made a backup of your saved variable file
Your saved variable file is normally located in ...\World of Warcraft\_client_\WTF\Account\yourwowaccountname\SavedVariables\ArkInventory.lua
If you have twitch set to automatically download alpha/beta versions then it is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate backups of your saved variables file - do not complain if you lose your configuration or it gets screwed up because of an alpha/beta version, its always a possibility so you need to be prepared.
A simple way to back it up is to just do a copy and paste then rename the new file (using the version number of ArkInventory or the date is a good idea), eg ArkInventory-3-09-00.lua, or ArkInventory-2019-12-28.lua
Legion changes are here - https://github.com/arkayenro/arkinventory/wiki/LegionChanges (please read them first)
If you are having an issue then the first step is to disable all other mods and just test ArkInventory by itself
If the issue is still there then please check for an existing issue and lodge a new ticket if required.
If the issue is gone then re-enable your other mods one by one until the issue comes back, then report that to me as well as the other mods author
When posting a comment about an error please do not include the list of addons or really long traces, just the actual error message is fine. If I need more I'll ask you for it.
ArkInventory's display windows are built from "virtual bars", you assign categories to bars so that items in that category are displayed on the specific bars you want. There is no limit to the number of bars you can have inside a window but obviously you only have so much screen real estate before it becomes "too many".
ArkInventory uses several methods to assign a default category to an item such as what professions you have, tooltip scanning, basic type/subtype and PeriodicTable. You then assign those categories to a virtual bar.
You can also over-ride the default category by creating a rule that matches either a single or multiple items.
- user configurable window width and height
- separate keybindings for each location for easy viewing
- assign items to a category of your choice (overrides the default assignment)
- assign categories to the bar of your choice
- unlimited number of bars (there are practical limits though before your screen becomes full)
- sort each bar differently if required
- user configurable bars per row
Press ESCAPE to bring up the blizzard menu
click on Key Bindings
scroll down to ArkInventory
bind the keys you want to use
See ReadMe.txt and VersionHistory.txt for further details