DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE "CURRENT" VERSION UNLESS USING A MODPACK REQUIRING IT. IT IS ANCIENT AND NO LONGER SUPPORTED. SOON I WILL BE FINISHED WITH THE NEW VERSION, HOPEFULLY...
I'm still trying to make Thaumic Revelations a reality, it's just hard with depression and writing a book.
The spiritual successor of Thaumic Warden by my friend MasterAbdoTGM50, Thaumic Revelations (eventually) will have:
- Many sets of armor and tools,
- Transmutation/duplication research for more than just 6 metals,
- Not-so-useless ores (I won't do that to people again, so 60% of the ores will be useful in the first alpha version),
- Everything from Thaumic Warden (albeit revamped and more expensive),
- The Infernal Blast Furnace (My take on it, I know Witching Gadgets adds ones),
- A bit of chemistry,
- Elemental Reeds (for Blaze/TF rods),
- Novel ways of warp reduction/suppression,
- A few pop-culture weapons (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Grimm, Game of Thrones, Firefly, and Community specifically),
- The Tinker's Staff,
- Old TC2 Stuff,
- An expensive mineral synthesis system,
- Streamlined alternative transport systems,
- Essentia Transmutation,
- A few things from the book series I am writing,
- In-game lore that made Thaumic Warden so great, but for everything and actually well written (eventually),
- and the Aspect Orb System, the core of the mod.
We also have a Discord server!
The start of an FAQ/PAQ:
Q: Do you have any plans to update to whatever the latest Minecraft version with Thaumcraft is?
A: I don't have specific plans to update TRv to future versions, and given the rate I develop at, it would likely be 1.17 or something like that. I am not ruling updating out, but it would slow development greatly, especially as I make my mods for myself, and enjoy 1.7.10, so would likely have to develop for two versions simultaneously, which makes it exponentially more likely to just drop TRv. If someone wants to work on a TC6 branch, I might be down for that, I just won't update until Reika does, and Reika is unlikely to update.
Q: Most of the new textures suck!
A: One, that isn't a question. Two, I am a terrible texture artist. If something looks good, it's likely a Drullkus texture.
Q: Why does it take you so long to make new versions?
A: Depression, writing and worldbuilding an insanely complex book series, worldbuilding side things, having what could be considered by some to be a life, and hating texturing things are major contributors.
ALL COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED UNTIL v0.8.0 (THE NEW TRv) DROPS, EITHER IN JULY OR AUGUST, OR WHENEVER I ACTUALLY FINISH ADDING ASPECTS TO STUFF AND MAKING CRAPPY TEXTURES.