Ever wanted to exchange / swap between blocks rather than manually breaking and placing blocks? Well, now you have a solution!
Exchangers is a tech-themed gadget mod inspired by the Block Exchangers from EnderTech (EnderTech is a Thermal Expansion-based tech mod for 1.7.10 and it has been discontinued, this mod is not using any source codes from EnderTech, everything has been rewritten from the ground up with additional features that are not present in EnderTech's version of Block Exchangers).
This mod offers many different block Exchangers, from vanilla-based (uses durability), to supporting the 4 major tech mods (Ender IO (and Ender IO Endergy), Thermal Expansion, Mekanism and Immersive Engineering)! Support for other mods will be added as per request.
As for balancing purpose to provide a linear progression, all of the Exchangers are tier-based, you have to upgrade from the previous tier to a higher tier (recipes configurable in config) in order to obtain a better Exchanger!
This mod is currently available for 1.10 - 1.12, 1.16, 1.18 - 1.20!
This mod is only available for Forge, other mod loaders like Fabric are not supported and will likely never be supported, mainly due to Forge being the dominant modding API for Minecraft, and it is extremely time consuming to maintain multiple different mod loader versions of a single mod. I have a full time job as a computer engineer and I do not have the time for this.
Note: From version 2.1 to 2.9 of Exchangers for 1.12, Redstone Flux is required if you want to use any Energy-based Exchangers
Starting from version 2.10 of Exchangers for 1.12, we've fully migrated to use Forge Energy, thus the Redstone Flux mod is no longer needed
Starting from version 2.9 of Exchangers for 1.12, GunpowderLib is a required dependency for this mod.
- 11 different vanilla exchanger variants (uses durability):
Wood, Stone, Gold, Iron, Diamond, Emerald, Obsidian and End
Copper, Amethyst and Netherite variants were also added in later versions of Exchangers
- 3 different special exchanger variants:
Tuberous, Bee and Creative
Bee Exchanger was added in version 3.1.2 (1.16), 3.2.1 (1.18) and 3.3.2 (1.19.2 & 1.19.4)
- 7 different Ender IO exchanger variants available for 1.10 / 1.12 / 1.20 (uses Forge Energy / RF):
Conductive, Pulsating, Electrical Steel, Energetic, Dark Steel, Vibrant and End Steel
Electrical Steel Exchanger is only available on 1.10 and 1.12
End Steel Exchanger is 1.12+ exclusive
Copper Alloy Exchanger was added for 1.20 to be tiered before Conductive Exchanger
1.12 Requires at least version 2.7 to have proper Ender IO support, any versions below are not supported and will most likely crash
- 6 different Ender IO Endergy exchanger variants available for 1.12 (uses Forge Energy / RF):
Crude Steel, Energetic Silver, Vivid, Crystalline, Melodic and Stellar
Ender IO Endergy support was added in version 2.9
- 5 different Thermal exchanger variants available for 1.10 - 1.12 / 1.16 / 1.18 / 1.19.2 (uses Forge Energy / RF):
Leadstone, Hardened, Reinforced, Signalum and Resonant
- 4 different Mekanism exchanger variants available for 1.10 - 1.12 / 1.16 / 1.18 / 1.19.2 (uses Forge Energy / RF):
Basic, Advanced, Elite and Ultimate
- 3 different Immersive Engineering exchanger variants available for 1.10 - 1.12 / 1.16 / 1.18 / 1.19.2 / 1.19.4 (uses Forge Energy / RF):
LV, MV, and HV
Immersive Engineering support was added since 2.5 for 1.12 or 1.6 for 1.10 / 1.11
For more informations about each Exchangers, go check out FTB wiki!
- Configurable durability (1.10 - 1.12 only) / Energy capacity for all exchangers (except the special variants)
- Configurable Energy usage per block for all Energy-based exchangers
- All Energy-based exchangers supports Forge Energy (FE)
- All vanilla-based exchangers can be repaired with the correct materials in Anvil
- Regular Exchangers can exchange up to a 15x15 area, depending on the tier. Creative Exchanger can exchange up to 25x25 area (Configurable via config as of 1.8.3 for 1.10 / 1.11 or 1.7.3 for 1.12)
- Config options to tweak recipe difficulties, there are 3 difficulties: easy, normal and hard, normal is the default option, modpack makers can choose whatever preset they want or use CraftTweaker to make their own recipes
- Indicators for the current exchanger area next to crosshair
- In-game config GUI, without the need of going to find and edit the config file manually (1.10 - 1.12 only, please use the Configured mod to restore this functionality on 1.16 and above!)
- In-game GUI for exchangers, added as of version 2.10 for 1.12.2, binded to "comma" by default, allows exchangers to be configured on the fly without using multiple keybinds
- Easy to increase / decrease exchange range (Pressing the Range Switch key increases range and holding sneak + pressing Range Switch key decreases range)
- Force Drop Items mode: Forces items to drop on the floor even if there's inventory space (Can be toggled via keybind or via GUI)
- Directional Placement mode: Allows exchangers to ignore their saved block states and swap blocks based on player facing direction instead (Can be toggled via keybind or via GUI)
- Void Items mode: Allows all exchanged items to be voided (Can be toggled via keybind or via GUI)
- Fuzzy Placement mode: Allows exchangers to place blocks on a percentage basis, placement chance can be set within the GUI
- 3 different exchange modes: Plane, Horizontal Column and Vertical Column (You can switch between them using the Mode Switch key or with the GUI)
- Harvest level gating system, harvest level on Exchangers goes up whenever you upgrade
- Item containers support (only for item containers with IItemHandler capability implemented, such as /dank/null and Bag of Holding), Exchangers are able to pull blocks from item containers if there's no blocks in players' main inventory
- Config option for Silk Touch mode, enabled by default
- Enchantments support, if Silk Touch mode is disabled, players may enchant the Exchangers with Silk Touch to achieve Silk Touching on Exchangers or Fortune to get additional drops. There's also support for Holding enchant (increases Energy capacity) and Unbreaking enchant (reduces chance of consuming Energy per block) for Energy-based Exchangers
If you would like to make a mod spotlight video for Exchangers, feel free to! Also let me know if you would like your video to be listed below!
Mod spotlight by Mischief of Mice:
Bugs / Feature Requests
Please submit any bug reports or feature requests through the GitHub issue tracker.
Source Code & License
- This mod is Open-Source.
- You can find the source code on GitHub.
- This mod is under Jacky's Minecraft Mods License.
- Feel free to this mod in any modpacks on any launchers you like as long as it's an original unmodified version of my mod sourced from CurseForge or GitHub.
- Twitter - @JackyyTV
- Discord - jackyytv
- Reddit - JackyyTV
- Note: I do not accept DMs on CurseForge, all DMs on CurseForge are ignored. If you want to message me, Discord is preferred.
Support the development
If you enjoy this mod and would like to support my mod development, consider tipping! Every tips are always appreciated!
Other than tipping, you may also support me by subscribing on Patreon or Twitch!
- TurkeyDev and ThatGamerBlue for helping me to make this mod
- Shadows_of_Fire for the mod's 2.0 rewrite after Forge registry rewrite
- JCOnline for making the logo of the mod
- ColossalPercy for making all the item textures
- These awesome people for helping out: XaviorDD1st, sokratis12GR
- Minecraft modders from various different Discord servers