Sunn's Viewport Art allows you to change the size of the rendered world area (viewport) and adds textured artwork in the non-rendered areas.
New: Dual-spec profile switching.
Problems? See the Frequently Asked Questions
Use "/sunnart" (or "/sa") for the options gui. Use "/sunnart help" for console commands
There are 4 panels in SunnArt, top, bottom, left and right. By default each will use the same theme although they can be set up with different themes, overlaps and dimensions using the advanced options.
Art packs are optional and should be installed as if they were separate addons (although they are useless without the SunnArt addon).
Extract the zipped folder into your interface/addons folder for it to function.
Previews of the artwork in the packs are available in the screenshots on this page.
Art Packs are available on this site
- Art Pack 1
- Art Pack 2
- Art Pack 3
- Art Pack 4
- Art Pack 5
- Art Pack 6
- Art Pack 7 (Alliance)
- Art Pack 8 (Horde)
- Art Pack 9
- Art Pack 10 (Warcraft 3)
- Art Pack 11 (Cataclysm)
Artwork from any standard panels addon may be used with SunnArt. Just set them up using the in-game interface or by editting CustomTheme.lua.
- Files must be .TGA or .BLP format
- Be sure to set the alpha channel if your artwork contains any transparency
- Panels can be constructed from 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 separate sections, numbered from left to right (eg. <art file>1.tga, <art file>2.tga ... <art file>5.tga)
- Each section MUST have dimensions that are a power of 2 (ie, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc) - this is a limitation of all artwork to be used in WoW.
- Only files within the Interface\Addons\ structure are available to the addon
- Save your artwork sections in Interface\Addons\SunnArt
- Open CustomTheme.lua in any text editor
- Follow the instructions in the file
- Any number of themes can be set up in CustomTheme.lua
Using the in-game interface
All you need to know is the path to the artwork files, the amount of overlap and the number of sections the artwork is split into. Enter these into the Advanced options screen, Enter a name for your theme and click save. The theme will now be available to all your characters.
I'm looking for a talented artist or two to help create a new Art Pack. Please submit your editted files or a complete screen-size file so that I may split it into compatible files and create a "How-To" tutorial for others.
If you have artwork that you would like to submit for Art Pack 10 and onward, please mail it to email@example.com and if I like it then I will include it in the next release.
These are some addons that will help organise your UI so that elements may be moved off the world screen and into the artwork areas of this addon. All of these addons use the same libraries as Sunn Viewport Art, which means alot of the code and resources are re-used rather than bloating your UI with lots of different code that does that same thing.
Chat Frame - Prat