(Please check the known issues at the bottom of the description and the ticket page as well before reporting a bug or requesting a feature :) )
Tired of the ugly original quest frame ?
This addon aims to enhance the readability and immersion when questing in World of Warcraft. It adds a brand new quest frame, with animated models and fancy effects.
If you like to read all quests and are a fan of the World of Warcraft lore, this addon is for you !
What is it, exactly?
Storyline provides a new quest frame, that panel appearing when you get a quest from a NPC. World of Warcraft UI improved over the years but one thing Blizzard never touched is this hideous Quest frame. We wanted to have a quest frame inspired by the garrison frames dynamism.
Storyline frame adds 3D animated models for you and your quest giver. Also it "cuts" the dialogue into multiple parts, playing one after another in an old-school RPG style. Finally it adds more effects and visuals to express objectives and rewards.
Known issues & already received suggestions
- Fullscreen mode. We will ad fullscreen mode with a specific layout in a future update.
- Storyline is too big. Please do a version without the 3D models, just the text. You might want to take a look at the Immersion add-on instead.
- Scaling issues The game has no way to display two model with the appropriate scale. We need to scale each model against each other. This operation takes time and we will improve on this over time. In the meantime, you can manually resize incorrect models by scrolling on the model while maintaining the ALT key down.
- Improve workflow when a quest giver has several quests available and he also has a huge introduction text (several paragraph). Currently, we have to go through the entire introduction paragraph after accepting each quest to select the next one.
- Disable Storyline for daily quests. We want to add a blacklist system where you would be able to mark a NPC so Storyline doesn't show up. Also, we want to add an option to only show Storyline once for daily quests, so that you can still read them comfortably the first time. We will implement these features over time.
- Voice acting. We know a lot of people would like voice acting, but that would require a HUGE amount of work and money. We are currently focusing on other important bug fixes and improvements for the add-on. We are however interested in the matter and we are looking for options to implement voice acting capabilities into Storyline in the more efficient way.