A simple square map interface.
These default MiniMap buttons are attached to the border frame and can be toggled on / off via the Interface menu or “/squaremap” command:
Calendar / Mission Reports / Tracking / Instance Difficulty Flag
Other MiniMap options that can be toggled on / off via the Interface menu or “/squaremap” command:
Boss Health Frames / Clock / Zone Name
These objects are hidden with no option to enable:
Zoom In / Out Buttons / World Map Button / North Compass Pointer
- Toggled options are saved per character.
- The MiniMap is zoomable using your mouse wheel.
- The MiniMap defaults to the standard in-game location (upper right) but can be moved anywhere by holding down ALT + LEFT CLICK and dragging.
- Position is saved per character.
- Gathering Nodes are detected using the mask of the default circular interface. This cannot be modified. Even though a square map interface gives you more viewable areas around you gathering nodes are hard-coded to a circular interface.
Map Location Reset Instructions (Potentially Dangerious)
Moved the map into a position on your screen that you don't like? Reset the default map position by deleting this file and relaunching WoW. You must be logged out completely for this to work. Use with caution as this will effect the position of other addons and in-game item placements.
Map Location Reset Instructions (Safe)
You can selectively delete only the map location portion of the code without effecting the position placement of other items or addons by removing only this portion and restarting your game. This will reset Square Map to the default location on your screen without a complete reset of any other moved items.
Code To Remove From layout-local.txt
Want to clear additional buttons created by other addons around your minimap? I highly suggest using the addon MBB. It works great in addition to Square Map.