A simple square map interface.
- These default MiniMap buttons are attached to the border frame and also able to be toggled on / off via the Interface menu or “/squaremap” command:
Calendar, Garrison Report / Class Order Hall, Tracking, Instance Difficulty Flag
- Other MiniMap options that can be toggled on / off via the Interface menu or “/squaremap” command:
Boss Health Frames, Clock, Zone Name
- These objects are hidden with no option to enable:
Zoom In / Out Buttons, World Map Button, North Compass Pointer
- Toggled options are saved per character.
- The MiniMap is zoomable using your mouse wheel.
- The MiniMap defaults to the standard in-game location (upper right) but can be moved anywhere by holding down ALT + LEFT CLICK and dragging. Position is saved per character.
- Map scaling can be manually changed in the LUA code of the addon and I've included simple comments to help you do so. If you adjust the default UI scale of the game using in-game settings the map will automatically scale with it.
- Gathering Nodes are detected using the mask of the default circular interface. This cannot be modified. Even though a square map interface gives you more viewable areas around you gathering nodes are hard-coded to a circular interface.
- Moved the map into a position on your screen that you don't like? Reset the default map position by deleting this file and relaunching WoW. You must be logged out completely for this to work. Use with caution as this will affect the position of other addon and in-game item placements.
- You can selectively delete only the map location portion of the code without effecting the position placement of other items by removing only this portion and restarting your game. This will reset SquareMap to the default location on your screen.
Code To Remove From layout-local.txt:
- Want to clear additional buttons created by other addons around your minimap? I highly suggest using the addon MBB by PERICLES and KARLSNYDER. It works great in addition to SquareMap.
Addon Inspiration: 10LEEJ, MUNDOCANI, AILAE, VYNTROX, WEASOUG, LOCAN, DOHAERIS