MyRareFinder is a lightweight Addon for Warlords of Draenor.
>Why do I need MyRareFinder?<
In Warlords of Draenor many rare creatures will have a very short respawn timer and they can be looted only once. This Addon helps you to get a clear view of which rares you already killed and where to find them on your worldmap.
Key Features of MyRareFinder:
- simple icons on your map show where you can find rare creatures
- you can see if a rare was already killed or not
- every garrison resource dropping creature from the Wowhead database is currently listed, as well as a few unlisted ones, that you won't find on any other map somewhere else
- mouseover shows the name of the creature and, if needed, useful information where exactly to find them, or what to do to make them spawn
- tracking of WoD daily rares and special level 100 elite rares
- minimal CPU usage
- if you have TomTom installed you can set waypoints for TomTom by just clicking the rare icon on the map you want to go to
You have already progressed in rare killing before downloading the Addon? - No problem, MyRareFinder will know this and update your map automatically, no additional work from you is needed.
To get a better view of this essential addon and its features check out the screenshots.
MyRareFinder was created with incomplete (beta) data from WoW Databases and players manually searching rares in the WoD Beta, so the rares shown in the addon might be subject to change in the live version of the game, a few might be missing or have slightly incorrect positions.
If you find any rare that is not listed in MyRareFinder please leave a comment with the name, the zone, and optional explanations so I can include them.
These are my very first steps in lua and World of Warcraft Addon creation, if you have any suggestions or tips on improving the addon, please leave a comment!
- inclusion of every rare that might have been overlooked
- showing patrol paths for rares that move around with mouseover