~* NEW FEATURES *~
- MyRolePlay now supports setting a personal note for any profile you view, that you can reference later. Click the button next to the X in the top right of the viewer to set one, then you can view the note later by mousing over the button. An icon will also appear in the player tooltip when you have a note set for a player. (Examples below)
- The Glance Preview frame is now less ugly (c:) and a little smaller. Less bloat on your UI while providing the same information.
- Some changes to support future patch 8.1. More changes might be needed later if the PTR receives further updates.
- Fixed an issue with glances sometimes not showing for players if they chose to not display colours in the viewer.
~* LAST VERSION'S UPDATES *~
- This version of MRP adds the "At a Glance" field. It allows you to add up to 5 brief notes about your character, and include an icon. There is also an**OPTIONAL** preview frame on target that can be disabled in options, which will show your target's glances + RP status. Mouse over the icons to see a player's glance data. Details below. ***Do note glances will not be visible on players using old versions of RP addons. This feature is new to MSP and as each developer adds support, they will begin to be viewable to all. Give people time to update.***
To access the editor, simply click the "At a Glance" field in the usual MRP profile editor.
The glance editor frame. You can set a title, description, and icon for each glance. Having a title activates the glance.
Targeting opens the draggable glance preview frame. You can disable it in options if you don't like it.
You can also view glances in the full profile viewer by mousing over the icons.
- Updated MRP's show profile keybinding (now properly under AddOns in your keybindings). It will first check to see if you have a target, and open that player's profile, or, if you have no target it will check for the player you're mousing over. This means you can open player's profiles without even needing to click!
- Fixed an issue with the OOC field in the viewer not scaling correctly on resizing frame.
- Fixed an issue where /mrp Show did not properly load a profile if the player name was not capitalised.
- ElvUI AddonSkins is once again permitted to interact with MRP after author fixed the issue on their end.
- Updated Chomp to v7. (Technical stuff)
- ICONS! You can set a custom icon for your character's profile and tooltip that other players can see when mousing over you and loading your full information in the viewer. This is also cross compatible with the other RP addons so you can both view and be viewed by them! Here's some details:
Setup an icon by clicking the "I" button next to your portrait in the profile editor:
You can view icons in both tooltips and in the profile viewer:
If you don't like seeing icons in the tooltip, as always, i've provided an option to disable them:
- You can now set a custom colour in the options panel (/mrp options) for the headers in the profile viewer and editor. This was requested of me a few times over the past week.
- Patched MRP to work around issues with ElvUI skins.
- Fixed bug regarding OOC field on tooltip character cutoff being too high. Tooltips should be a decent size, if not you can always disable fields appearing in them or reduce the maximum number of lines using the slider provided in interface options (/mrp options).
- Custom classes have finally been added into MyRolePlay! You can edit this field within the profile editor and it will display in your tooltip and when they load your profile in the viewer. ("Class" in the editor). (You can also disable this setting in options to revert back to showing the in-game class if you preferred previous functionality).
- The OOC / Other Information field common to other RP addons is now part of MRP. You can use this field to enter information that is not related to your character itself. It will be displayed as a preview in the mouseover tooltip and in full within the profile viewer. (Should you not like this addition you can hide it from the tooltip via a checkbox in interface options /mrp Options).
- MyRolePlay now supports cross-realm and cross-faction addon communication through Battle.net. You need to be Battle.net friends for this to function. (Sorry, that's a limitation on the server side that I have no control over).
- The profile viewer has been updated and now includes larger, scrollable displays for the Currently and OOC fields. This will eliminate the previous cutoff of long text in these sections.
- The currently field will now properly word-wrap in the tooltip, so you can see longer ones that were previously cut off after one line. You may also now write multi-line currentlies as the editor itself has been redesigned to support this.
- URLs / web links are now clickable in profiles. Simply click on a link surrounded by <> and a box will pop up that you can copy the text from.
- RP names will now appear in whispers and party chat if you have encountered the character since login.
- There is an option to show mouseover target in the player tooltip. (Can be toggled off in options)
- A slider has been added to interface options to limit the number of tooltip lines displayed to your choice. Ranges from 1-10. This is to support the new fields being added to the tooltip. Some players can enter lots of data into these fields making quite a large tooltip. Use this setting to reduce that.
- There is a checkbox option to automatically hide the MRP tooltip while in combat and revert to the standard Blizzard one. This is to help out raiders that are bothered by roleplay information in their way during raids, etc.
- You can now view profile load progress at the bottom of the profile viewer! It will show what percentage of the profile has loaded along with the number of chunks received. This will give you an idea of how fast a profile is loading, or if it is loading at all. It can also return an error message if the profile was unable to be sent at all. Do note profile transmission rates depend on many factors, and RP addons have no way to speed this up.
- BETA FEATURE (may be buggy): Colours are here! Custom profile / tooltip colours are now viewable as set by other players. I've also managed to get some *BASIC* colour support working in MRP itself from the player side, allowing you to set custom colours for your name, eyes, custom class, description, and history fields. (Again, this feature is very early in development and may be buggy). You will find the buttons to change them within the edit boxes of those fields (You must have colour enabled in options). "Change Colour" will bring up a colour wheel to select from, "Restore Colour Default" will revert to your default profile's colour. The text in the editor and edit box changes in real time when you select a colour.
- There is a toggle to disable all of the new colour settings in options (/mrp options), returning MRP to its former state with all white text. If you like it better the old way, use it!
- Moved version number to bottom of tooltip to reduce clutter. You can turn the version information off entirely now in options if it bothers you.
- Added a cut-off for long character names with titles (in-game names) to avoid stretching the tooltip too much.
- LibMSP updated to v15. (Technical stuff - supporting the latest Mary Sue Protocol!)
- Chomp updated to v6. (More technical stuff, thanks Bor for the Chomp update)
- Not really a feature but the field headers are now purple instead of red. c:
Various Bug Fixes:
- /mrp Show will now correctly take a plain character name without realm attached and load the profile as it did originally in Mists of Pandaria.
- Fixed an issue with ElvUI causing RP names in chat to not appear.
- Fixed an issue where in-game class was showing in all caps in the class field if a player viewed their own profile and didn't have a custom class set.
- Localisation errors: VoidElf / BloodElf / LightforgedDraenei etc.. will now appear properly as Blood Elf.. etc (This is a very old bug, must have been around since .. well, forever.)