HandyNotes: Battle for Azeroth will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
A HandyNotes plugin for the Battle for Azeroth expansion. It will add the locations and rewards for rare mobs, battle pets, treasures and other miscellaneous points of interest to the map.
Rare mobs are listed as skulls on your map. If the skull is blue colored, that means you still need a collectible reward from that rare. If the rare has multiple spawn points, shares a spawn with common mobs or has a path, hovering over the skull will indicate all the points of interest or paths. Left-clicking on the skull will stick the points of interested on the map and minimap as you travel.
Treasures & Collectibles
Locations and solutions for treasures are displayed on the map, along with the achievement they are associated with and any rewards they contain. Each treasure icon will disappear once it has been looted. The locations of mounts, pets and other collectibles found in the open world are also noted.
Battle Pets and Trainers
The locations of all pet trainers and creature battles are marked on the map. Any achievements associated with defeating that creature or trainer will appear in the tooltip.
Right-clicking a node to bring up its context menu. From this menu you can:
- Create a Blizzard or TomTom waypoint
- Hide this node or restore all hidden nodes
Quick Toggle Menu
In addition to the plugin settings menu found under Interface > Addons > HandyNotes, a quick toggle menu will appear on any map that contains nodes added by this plugin. This allows you to quickly toggle, resize or change the opacity of nodes displayed on the current map.
- Change icon sizes and alpha based on type (rares, treasures, battle pets, etc)
- Customize the size and color and POIs and paths.
- Enable or disable groups of icons
- Enlarge icons when the world map is maximized
- Show only rares that you still need rewards from
- Show already completed nodes
This plugin adds information to the map for the following zones:
- Patch 8.0 - Arathi Highlands, Drustvar, Nazmir, Stormsong Valley, Tiragarde Sound, Vol'dun, Zuldazar
- Patch 8.1 - Darkshore
- Patch 8.2 - Mechagon, Nazjatar
- Patch 8.3 - Uldum, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Horrific Visions
In addition to rares, treasures and pet battles, this plugin also adds the following expansion or zone-specific items.
- War Supply Crate flight paths and drop locations.
- Secret Supply Chest locations for the Supplied and Ready achievement.
- Ancient Scroll locations for the Legends of the Tidesages achievement.
- Drust stele locations for the Drust the Facts, Ma'am achievement.
- Honeyback Harvester locations for farming Honeyback Hive reputation.
- Citizen locations in Boralus for the Upright Citizens achievement.
- Order of Embers relic locations for the Everything Old is New Again achievement.
- Sea shanty locations for the Shanty Raid achievement
- Vendor locations for the Sausage Sampler achievement.
- Vendor locations for the Three Sheets to the Wind achievement.
- Brutosaur locations for the Eating Out of the Palm of My Tiny Hand achievement.
- Dinosaur locations for the Life Find a Way... To Die! achievement.
- Fungarian villain locations for the Mushroom Harvest achievement.
- Junk locations for the Scavenger of the Sands achievement.
- Loa locations for the Bow to Your Masters achievement.
- Lost Spawn of Krag'wa locations for the Hoppin' Sad achievement.
- Pictograph locations for the Carved in Stone, Written in Blood achievement.
- Rickety plank locations for the Dune Rider achievement.
- Scroll & Tablet locations for the A Loa of a Tale achievement.
- Task locations for the Get Hek'd achievement.
- Totem of Pa'ku locations in Dazar'alor and their flight paths.
- Frightened Koko spawn locations for the Frightened Kodo mount.
- Mechanized chest locations (lootable daily).
- Locked chest locations in the Western Spray for the keys that drop in the area.
- Reclamation Rig location and rewards.
- Prismatic Crystal and Ravenous Slime locations. Slime icons disappear as you feed them each day.
- Cat Figurine locations for the Feline Figurines Found achievement.
- Murloco and Mardivas' Laboratory locations.
Uldum and Vale of the Eternal Blossoms
- Cache (lootable daily) and coffer (lootable once per assault) locations.
- Friendly Alpaca spawn locations for the Springfur Alpaca mount.
- Locations and descriptions for the six daily assault events.
Horrific Visions (Orgrimmar and Stormwind)
- Hidden chest locations (visible with the Clear Sight research).
- Mailbox locations for the Mail Muncher mount.
- Possible 1 hour buff locations (such as 10% haste, 10% damage, etc.)
- Bad potion location, indicating the color of the potion to avoid for the rest of the run.
- Ethereal location for turning in orange crystals collected throughout the run (gives extra momentos).
This addon has been translated to the following languages:
deDE- German (thanks Dathwada!)
esES- Spanish (Spain) (thanks (EU) Krovikan-Minahonda!)
ruRU- Russian (thanks Hubbotu!)
zhCN- Chinese (Simplified) (thanks Adavak and wyjbuxiu!)
zhTW- Chinese (Traditional) (thanks BNS333!)
Credits and Issues
I'd like to thank Ersanth and Herida for their early contributions to this addon.
Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments if:
- Something is out of place on the map.
- A reward, path or spawn point is missing from a rare.
- Icons are not removed from the map when expected.