ElvUI Datatext Bars 2 will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
The addon that will allow you to create as many datatext panels in ElvUI as you want and set them up as you like.
First DTBars was created by Caedis and based around the idea that player can require more panels for datatexts then provided by ElvUI.
While this is spiritual successor it is doing things differently: not giving a set amount of pre-built panels but providing a platform to create own custom ones.
Keep in mind that panels are created globally and will be available to any character across current account.
What are the options?
Options are in /ec - DT Bars 2
There you'll see a number of options to customize your future panel.
- Name: obviously panel's name, will be used as reference in ElvUI's datatexts config and to name a mover for the panel. Case sensitive. Also must be unique if you'll attempt to create a panel with the name already existing nothing will happen just a usual reload ui. Finished name will look like "DTB2_Whatever-You-Named-Your-Panel" to avoid conflicts
- Slots: the number of slots the panel will have.
- Growth direction: determines if the panel will be horizontal or vertical.
- Width: default panel's width
- Panel Transparency: exactly the same as normal ElvUI's option for its datapanels
- Hide in Pet Battle: determines if this panel showld be shown or hidden when you are doing your pokemon stuff.
- Add: the button will add the panel with parameters you set for it with options above. This will require UI reload. New panel will default itself in the middle of your screen.
When you have at least 1 panel you'll see its options in the dropdown list below. They are mostly the same: "Name" option is not there but there will be "Enable" option allowing you to hide the panel on current profile. Also there will be a "Delete" button to remove the panel.
In panel's settings "Slots" option will behave a little differently: when changed it will ask you if you are sure about that. If you accept the change ALL datatexts shown on the panel will be reset to default blank. After that UI will be reloaded.
What is "Advanced" checkbox for?
This one is designed for people who know how frame positioning and strata works and provides more customization for the panels. Enabling it will bring 5 additional options both for setup and panels' options. All those options will require reload of the UI when changed in panel's settings.
Anchor, Anchor Point, X-Offset and Y-Offset are handling the default position of the panel, e.g. where it will appear on screen prior to moving it via /moveui
Strata handles the layer which the panel belongs to, higher the layer - more stuff can be overlapped with this panel.
How do I set datatexts for my new panels?
As usual, options for setting datatexts will be inside /ec -> Datatexts. Keep in mind that options will be there even for disabled panels.
If you want to make a lot of panels and afraid that config will become an unreadable mess (as it tends to do with a lot of datapanels) you may want to install Improved Datatext Config as well.
Since I don't have a lot of time to read comments ask for help either via ticket system.
What to do if you like what this plugin does and want to support its development?
Feel free to click donation button, by that you will show your appreciation and support the author.