I have created a Discord server which people can use to report issues they find with this addon: https://discord.gg/BGKnpza
Help and Support
When reporting bugs, or suggesting new features, I would prefer that you use the Issues Tracker located at http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/easy-portal-advert/tickets, rather than post them here. You log into CurseForge using the same username and password you use for Curse.
No matter how small or insignificant you think your bug/suggestion is, I want to know. If its a problem, I want to fix it. If its a suggestion, I'll seriously consider adding it.
At its core, Easy Portal Advert (EPA) allows you to quickly and easily display an advert for your portal services in the Trade channel.
It also has a plugin which enables it to keep track of your portal cooldown times, alerting you - with an optional sound - when they are ready to use again. It will also keep track of the cooldown times on some Mage spells such as Ice Block and Invisibility.
Easy Portal Advert
This is the main function of the addon. It allows you to send a portal advert to the Trade channel, or even to a General channel. You have total control, and can change the prices of your portals or the channel number it sends to (in case you don't use the default /2 for Trade, for example).
This plugin simply tells you when things come off cooldown; you have the option of playing a sound as well.
- Inn Hearthstone
- Orgrimmar and Stormwind guild cloaks
- Mage Class Hall teleport
- Artifact abilities
- Faction Cities
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Tol Barad
- All three versions of Dalaran
- Broken Isles
- Useful Mage spells
- Ice Barrier
- Icy Veins
- Mirror Image
- Time Warp
- Water Elemental
Use /epa help to see all commands used by the AddOn.
When setting a price, please be sure to include the currency. Other accepted parameters are '0,' 'Free,' and 'PWYW.'
The Cooldown Monitor plugin is packaged as seperate AddOn, so you can disable it if you don't want or need it.
- Quick and easy to use.
- Alerts you when portals, spells, and even your Hearthstone finish their cooldowns (with an optional sound alert).
- No need for macros.
- Simple to learn commands.
- Informative help.
- Cooldown Monitor tells you when you can cast portals again, as well as a few other Mage spells such as Time Warp and Ritual of Refreshment. It even tells you when you can use your Guild Cloaks to teleport to your faction's main city.
- Prices can be changed quickly and easily to better reflect the current portal prices on your server.
- Uses very little memory.
- French (needs review)
- German (needs review)
To help translate EPA, please refer to the instructions in the Localization.lua file.
- Thanks to EPA user MadJackedMike for suggesting that I add both the ability to set a seperate price for Shattrath portals and the Return Journey feature.
- Thanks to Neiwa (Chamber of Aspects EU), Ketho (Boulderfist EU) and others for testing.
- Thanks again to Ketho for pointing out the glaringly obvious mistake I made while attempting to localize the addon.