Dhampyrs and Extended Vampire Heritage
When an Occult has a child with either a NoOccult or a different Occult, what their child will be is a flip of the coin between one or the other. This is well exemplified by the children of Vampires. Unlike when Aliens have children, where AlienPart becomes a possibility instead of only Alien or an alternative being the only options, with Vampires, the child will either be a Vampire or not, and if a NoOccult child is born to a Vampire, you can always just turn them later in life. This mod introduces a degree of uncertainty to the reproduction of Vampires via having biological children that will not be simple turnable offspring, because they will already have Vampiric traits.
To take the most basic example, if a Vampire and a NoOccult normally have a child, they would be either Vampire or NoOccult. Now, if the child is born as a NoOccult, they will have an amount of random Vampire powers (between 1 and 5), and not be turnable into Vampires because they will technically already be part Vampire. Not only that, but further generations descending from a Vampire will also be capable of inhereting an amount of those same random Vampire powers at the cost of also not being capable of being turned into true Vampires, with the benefit that they could be any other Occult without losing access to said power. The amount of powers as well as whether their nature is that of a mortal or an immortal will be largely influenced by both their closeness to their Vampire ancestor, and just how lucky (or unlucky) they get at the genetic lottery.
The nature of Dhampyrs and other descendants of Vampires will be determined by how many perks they were born with the capacity to have. All perks manifest upon aging up to Teen regardless of the amount, but motive-based changes are not universal, and a lesser amount of perks will not lead to obvious changes. As normal Vampire Perks are considered Buck Perks, each tier of a Dhampyr or other descendant will be described by what shall hereby be informally titled "Perk Slots", determined by how many Vampire Powers they are capable of having.
Around 85% of the NoOccult or different Occult children of a Vampire should be born with either 4 or 5 perk slots, with 5 being heavily favored at 70%. The 1-3 options have a 5% risk each. Further inheritance can best be described as sheer randomness unless in the events of A) a Vampire having a child with a Dhampyr, in which case they can only have the same or higher amount of perks as the Dhampyr parent, or B) two Dhampyrs with the same amount of perks having a child, in which case it will always amount to that same amount of perks.
Upon reaching the Teen age, their perks will be rolled from a random list with no particular perk being likelier than others, though some are only permitted for the higher amount of Perk Slots.
- At Four or Five Perk Slots: these Dhampyrs will have Vampire Power and Thirst instead of Energy. They will have access to Dark Meditation and are capable of rolling perks that require Vampire Power. They will be uncomfortable in Sunlight unless they use any form of protection against it, but cannot actually be harmed by the sun. They have to maintain both their Thirst and Hunger, but cannot die from either naturally. They also will stop aging at the stage of Young Adult without this taking up a Perk Slot.
- At Three Perk Slots: these Dhampyrs will have access to Vampire Power instead of Energy. They will have access to Dark Meditation and are capable of rolling perks that require Vampire Power. They will be uncomfortable in Sunlight unless they use any form of protection against it, but cannot actually be harmed by the sun. They are not naturally ageless, but have a chance at being so once their perks are rolled, which will take up a Perk Slot.
- At One or Two Perk Slots: these Dhampyrs will only have access to Vampire Perks that do not require Vampire Power, meaning passive bonuses only. They cannot die from Hunger naturally, and are not affected by Sunlight. They are not naturally ageless, but have a chance at being so once their perks are rolled, which will take up a Perk Slot.
Overall, 4-5 are powerful at the cost of Sunlight-induced discomfort, 3 stands at the middle, and 1-2 are weaker while having no overt weaknesses, while none of them have to put up with the compulsory weaknesses of full Vampires. Any Dhampyr with at least 2 Perk Slots can pass on the Dhampyr status, while those with 1 will only be able to have children with Perks if their partner is either a Vampire or Dhampyr.
The main constraint to this mod is that it is limited to Perks that could be reproduced without issue on non-Vampire Sims. Therefore, not all Vampire Perks are available to Dhampyrs, and the ones that are, use cloned Strings from the in-game Buck Perks for efficiency's sake. The available perks are as follows:
- Fly as a Bat
- Beyond the Herd (no Social need decay)
- Cast Hallucination
- Up to one of: Child of the Moon (0.75x motive decay and 1.5x Skill gain during the night), Creature of the Night (0.5x motive decay and 1.75x Skill gain during the night), or Master of Darkness (0.25x motive decay and 2x Skill gain during the night).
- Up to one of: Dampened Emotions (0.75x mood mapping), Suppressed Emotions (0.5x mood mapping), or Deadened Emotions (0.25x mood mapping). Custom moods are not affected by this.
Immortal Pleasures (no Fun need decay)
- Detect Personality
- Deprive Needs
- Irresistible Slumber
- Teleport as Mist
- Odorless (no Hygiene need decay)
- Supernatural Speed
- Vampiric Fascination
- Up to one of: Vampiric Strength (+1 Effectiveness to the Fitness Skill), Vampiric Brawn (+2 Effectiveness to the Fitness Skill), or Vampiric Might (+3 Effectiveness to the Fitness Skill)
All Dhampyrs have a chance of buffs from the Command Perk (either that of Vampires or other Dhampyrs) simply not being applied when someone attempts to control them. Drinking Plasma from a Dhampyr can give the "Sunlight Reversal" buff to Vampires.
This mod requires the Vampires Game Pack.
This mod will conflict with any other mod that alters the following XMLs: object_drink_Vampire_SunlightReversalCocktail , and loot_FacialMask_BonusBuff_UV .
Credits: Sims4Studio and Lot51's TDESC BROWSER for making the creation of this mod possible