Thaumcraft will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about - drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Iron Capped Wooden Wand crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Thanks to the following folks for their help with translations
Vexatos, jualme, crafteverywhere, Mexahoid, FrancescoDeSa, TheVikingWarrior, Hgmoa, VeryBigBro, avttrue, ferzrrn, RustyXXL, bgh251f2, Egor305, Zaltora, PlatonCraft, XuIIIHuK, Sternes, DancingPeral, GLaDTheresCake, BrunoLG, dmf444, aucunn, tyrope, m9731526
shadydeath created an IRC channel at irc.esper.net:#thaumcraft
I check it regularly so pop in if you want to chat.
Compatible / Add-on Mods
A friendly request to addon makers:
- Don't go too crazy when adding new aspects. If you do, drop me a PM. If it is something obvious or useful beyond your addon I might add it to vanilla TC. :)
- Try not to add more than one research tab
- Please try and keep your own researches on your own tab
- Please don't move my researches around. You can make copies if you wish to show dependendies on your tab, but the research should remain in its original location.
- Please don't alter any of my recipes. If you feel it is needed for the balance of your addon please drop me a PM. Partly to discuss if the change is required, but mostly since it might actually be a change that should be in vanilla TC.
Lastly, I've noticed some addons adding items from TC 3 or earlier. I don't have a problem with that, so go wild. However several of those items I have been planning to re-add myself. A lot of TC 2 stuff never made it into TC 3 simply due to time constraints. So don't come crying to me if and when I do that. :)
Note - I obviously won't just copy-paste someones elses code for those items or blocks - I will implement my own versions.
If you want access to beta version of my mod to make version update go a bit smoother, send me a PM with your dropbox user info and a link to your mod (so I can check if you are actually an addon dev :P )
- Thaumic Tinkerer
- Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
- Electric Magic Tools
As a habit I ignore every PM in regards to mod-packs - both private and public. Everything you need to know about them is listed here.
You want Thaumcraft in your mod pack? All you need to meet are five simple conditions:
1. Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post.
2. You cannot make any money off of the mod pack.
3. You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Azanor).
4. If I ever ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so.
5. Handle any queries and bug reports internally first. This is one of the main reasons I had such a strict anti-modpack policy for such a long time - people using modpacks would come here posting errors that have nothing to do with my mod or that have been fixed ages ago, but still occurs in the modpack because it is using an older version.
If these five conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack.
Special thanks to...
Lorc, creator of the icons I use for enchanting and other things
bonemouse, creator of the Isabella Texture Pack for letting me use his chest textures and skin as well as ScottKillen for making the Thaumium armor graphics based on the Isabella pack.
chicken_bones for letting me base my lightning effect and deploader code from WRCBE
CovertJaguar for his custom biome spawning code.
Rorax for allowing me to use some of her models.
J. W. Bjerk (eleazzaar)for the use of his icons for certain research categories. Find this and other open art at: http://opengameart.org
BitterBusiness for the use of his Pech model.