Curse Members: Please leave feedback and report any bugs so I can fix them!
Unmodified builds of this mod are only permitted to be hosted on Curse and CurseForge. It is also posted by me on Planet Minecraft and Minecraft Forum, but both of these link to the CurseForge page. It is strongly recommended that mod files only be downloaded from either Curse or CurseForge as any others are not permitted by me and may contain malware. If you wish to post this mod on your website, please link to the CurseForge download. I would prefer you contact me as well to let me know you are posting it, but this is not mandatory.
This is a Minecraft Forge mod that adds a new and extremely rare mineral to world generation in all 3 default dimensions. Hold on! This isn't just another boring mineral mod! This mineral is capable of crafting far better items than diamond such as a pickaxe that can mine 9 blocks at once and an armour set that, with all the pieces, will make you practically invincible. Spectrite items and mobs are far superior to their vanilla counterparts but, since you'll hardly ever encounter them, they generally won't throw off the balance of the game too much. If you find that they do, you can always adjust the configurations to suit your preferences.
- New ultra-rare ore that can be found in any dimension
- New color-changing armor that increases your max health
- New tools that can destroy and harvest multiple blocks at once
- New swords that cause AOE damage
- New arrows that cause high-damage explosions on impact (1.1.0+)
- 9 new potions effects (1.6.0+)
- Random chance for vanilla mobs to spawn as Spectrite variants (1.7.0+)
- Powerful Spectrite versions of Vanilla mobs to challenge your combat skills and let you gain experience faster (1.3.0+)
- A much harder version of the Wither that drops materials to craft a powerful weapon that lets you fire your own wither skulls (1.5.0+)
- A huge randomly generated dungeon in each world full of Spectrite loot (1.2.0+)
- Rare skull-shaped structures made of Spectrite Bone containing a high-tier chest at the top (1.4.0+)
- Rainbow beacons! (1.4.0+)
- Color-changing animations for nearly everything
A showcase of all the items and blocks included in the Spectrite Mod in Ver. 1.1.0 (all but the diamond rod are animated)
Spectrite Ore as found in The Overworld
Spectrite Ore as found in The Nether
Spectrite Ore as found in The End
Playing alone and can't beat the Ender Dragon? Time to level the playing field!
Tired of playing fair and want to go on an overpowered rampage? There's a configuration for that!
A Spectrite Dungeon.
1.12.1, 1.12.2 - Supported by Spectrite Ver 1.4.4 -> 1.7.0
1.12 - Supported by Spectrite Ver. 1.1.1 -> 1.7.0
1.11.2 - Supported by Spectrite Ver. 1.0 -> 1.2.0
Yes, you can use this in your modpack, as long as it's EULA-compliant (ie. no monetization).
The documentation contains details on everything this mod has to offer.
1.12.x Documentation (Ver. 1.7.1)
1.11.2 Documentation (Ver. 1.2.0)
- Tinker's Construct (basic support)
- Draconic Evolution
- The difficulty of getting the best items in this mod is comparable to DE, but there is no comparison between their power, Spectrite is practically useless against DE since DE is so far outside of Vanilla's scale
- Changing dimensions with a Spectrite Armour max health boost may not appear to carry over into other dimensions and may cause buggy behaviour when taking damage (this is a Vanilla bug)
- During BTM 2017, when particles were not set to minimum, there was a change of a crash relating to the particle manager when failing to connect to the server; the cause of this is currently unknown but, since this was never reported outside of BTM 2017, it likely involved one or more of the other mods in the large pack used so this may happen for a modpack that includes these mods, whichever ones they are
Blupilot - Built most of the Spectrite Skull structure
Pyrofab - Tested version 1.5 features including the Spectrite Wither, as well as 1.6 re-balancing changes, providing feedback that helped with balancing the difficulty
pau101 - Helped with sound effects and various programming-related issues