Naturalist will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Have you ever wanted a truly immersive animal mod, where animals interact with each other realistically? Naturalist adds more animals to the game that behave as they do in real life. There is a working food chain, sleep cycle, and tons of other fun behaviors, giving each animal a personality of its own. So, are you ready to venture out into the wild?
🐸 Swampier Swamps Update
Swamps and Mangrove Swamps are now inhabited by Alligators, Bass, Catfish, Ducks, Dragonflies, Lizards, and Tortoises!
- Alligators aggressively defend their eggs. Don't get too close!
- Bass swim around the murky waters - I bet they taste nice!
- Catfish are larger, taking up space from the Bass. It's a hard life for a fish!
- Ducks waddle around the Swamps, their feet slapping across the ground. They hold many secrets!
- Dragonflies love buzzing around the Swamps! I found a note in a mineshaft that said they liked Chorus Fruit. I wonder what that's about?
- Lizards are the recluse of the Swamps and don't like people, but they're very loyal if fed their favorite food!
- Tortoises mosey around the Swamp in search of their next meal. They're famous for their hard shells!
🌳 Woodland Wildlife Update
Forested and Grassy Biomes are now inhabited by Bears, Birds, Butterflies, Caterpillars, Deer, Fireflies, Snails, and Snakes!
- Bears are the gentle predators of the forest. Don't provoke them or go near their cubs and you'll be fine... unless you're a Deer.
- Birds fly around the treetops, chirping as they do so. Maybe they'll be loyal to you in return for food.
- Butterflies flutter about, looking for flowers (and crops) to pollinate.
- Caterpillars spawn by breeding butterflies and will crawl around, looking for nearby trees to create a chrysalis on.
- Deer walk and run across the world, munching grass and avoiding Bears. I wonder if there's a way to mimic their movement?
- Fireflies light up the night and can be found in biomes such as Forests, Plains, and Swamps. Would it be weird if you consumed one?
- Snails crawl around the forest floor... aimlessly. As Snails do. Be careful you don't jump on them, or they might meet an unkindly fate.
- Snakes are lower forest predators, consuming the smaller animals that Bears can't be bothered to hunt.
🦁 Deserted Drylands Update
Dry biomes such as Savannas and Deserts are now inhabited by 8 new animals; Lions, Giraffes, Elephants, Hippos, Rhinos, Vultures, Zebras, and Boars!
- Lions are the rulers of the Savanna, and will hunt mobs at night. Be careful though, they won’t hesitate to fight back!
- Giraffes are gentle giants. If you feed them a Golden Apple, they’ll allow you to ride them for 30 seconds. During this time, Maps’ radius are greatly increased. To breed them, use a Hay Bale!
- Elephants mosey around, minding their own business. They fight back when attacked.
- Hippos tend to stay near the water, but watch out, because they’re always hungry! They’ll attack boats and any Players that go into their pool. To breed them, feed them a Glistering Melon or a Melon Block while they’re in the water.
- Rhinos are generally docile unless they have a baby with them. If aggro’d, or if their baby is approached, they will scrape their foot 4-5 times before charging!
- Vultures fly around, squawking in the air. Come nightfall, they’ll attack Zombies. When Players are low on health, Vultures will swoop down, stealing the item in the Player’s hand. If a Vulture steals an item, they’ll carry it around while flying. If Rotten Flesh is dropped on the ground, they’ll trade out the item they’re holding.
- Zebras are the Savanna’s equivalent of Horses, and are tameable in a similar way. They’re a slippery bunch though, and will run away if approached! However, once tamed, they run faster than Horses while in water, and can be chested.
- Boars are neutral animals that replace Pigs in Savanna biomes. When attacked, they will fight back, and run away when low on health. I wonder what happens if they’re struck by lightning..
For more detailed information about each mob, click here to read our official wiki.
⚠️ Frequently Asked Questions ⚠️
Q : Can I use this mod in my modpack or make videos about it?
A : Yes! Feel free to include Naturalist in your modpack or make videos about it. Just make sure to give credit, and don't claim Naturalist as your own creation.
Q : Will you port to versions like 1.16.5, 1.18.2, or 1.19.3?
A : Ports are decided on a case-by-case basis. Ports will NOT be done for 1.16.5 or 1.19.3.