Recolor the nameplates of players & mobs for combat or cosmetic purposes. Color and opacity are configurable. Now you can see how your friends are doing and keep a better eye on your villagers and pets without extra visual clutter like scoreboards. All features are optional.
See the names of your tamed pets without looking directly at them,
and see the names of nearby mobs once they've been hit:
Villager names can be seen from all angles too, pairing nicely
with Village Names and Villager Names (Forge/Fabric):
1.4.0 Configuration overview (requires Cloth Config and, for Fabric: Mod Menu):
If you just want to change nameplate coloring without health-based change, set all Min Health RGBA values equal to their corresponding Max Health RGBA values. If you want to hide nameplates from your screen, set each Alpha all the way down to 0.
Check your server's rules, if any, before using this mod in multiplayer. For example, Hypixel's rules are against player health indicators.
Only clients need this mod. Servers will ignore it.
Forge available for MC 1.7.10 - 1.12.x, 1.14.x - 1.20.x
Fabric available for MC 1.14.x - 1.20.x
Fabric releases are marked as Beta for browser users under Recent Files.
Only Alpha downloads should be considered unfinished/untested.
• MC 1.13 is no longer supported.
• MC 1.14+: overrides vanilla's Accessibility Settings > Text Background: Everywhere.
• MC Fabric 1.14+ & Forge 1.15+ support hiding item frame nameplates.
• MC 1.15+: MC-162693 is an ugly vanilla nameplate bug caused by sneaking. Please vote for priority!
• MC 1.16 & 1.16.1 are no longer supported.
• MC 1.19.4+: can no longer look up the owners of horses and similar beasts.
Many, many animals were harmed in the making of this mod. Check out modpacks with this mod.