Name Pain recolors the names of players & mobs based on health or persistently. Color & transparency are configurable.
Now you can see howpoorlyyour friends are doing and keep an eye on your pets without extra visual clutter like scoreboards.
See what happens to Steve's name with default configs:
But more can be customized than a name's color on a nameplate.
Plates themselves can be recolored from their default transparent black:
If you just want to change nameplate coloring without health-based change, set all Min Health RGBA values equal to their corresponding Max Health RGBA values. If you want to hide nameplates from your screen, set each Alpha all the way down to 0.
Forge available for MC 1.7.10 - 1.15.2
Fabric available for MC 1.14.1 - 1.16
Fabric releases are marked as Beta for your convenience under Recent Files.
Only Alpha downloads should be considered unfinished/untested.
• NP 1.0 colors player nameplates.
• NP 1.1 adds support for named mob nameplates.
• NP 1.2 adds support for your own nameplate and improves color transitions.
• MC Forge 1.13+: config GUI is gone, but the .toml config file is reloaded when the game is unpaused.
• MC 1.14+: vanilla's Accessibility Settings > Text Background: Everywhere won't apply to nameplates.
• MC 1.15+: MC-162693 causes a nameplate bug when sneaking. Please vote for the issue on that page!
Mod spotlight of v1.15.2-1.1.1, courtesy of SuntannedDuck2:
0:30 Self-healing test - 2:38 Named mob tests - 3:24 Config file review - 7:08 Custom colors test
Many, many animals were harmed in the making of this mod.
In multiplayer, only your client needs this mod. | Check out my other mods.