Warning: Morph-o-Tool Requires AutoRegLib!
The Morphing Tool can mimic any wrench, screwdriver, hammer, or wand-made-of-twigs-and-petals you throw at it, making it the perfect "omni-wrench" for large modpacks.
- To add a wrench-like item to it, craft the Morph-o-Tool with the item.
- Whenever you look at a block from the same mod as that wrench-like item, the Morphing Tool will turn into it.
- You get the actual item from the mod, not an emulated item or a container. This ensures 100% compatibility with that item's functionality.
- The item gets some NBT data tacked on to it to ensure the game knows how to change it back when you look away.
- You can use a morphed Tool for crafting, but you probably shouldn't, since you'll lose all other attached items.
- If you don't want the item to morph back, just hold it in your off hand-- it only morphs in the main hand. (You can swap these in the config.)
- While not morphed into anything else, you can use the Tool to rotate blocks using the forge rotation system. It should be able to handle all vanilla blocks and most modded blocks.
- To remove attached items, transform the Tool into the item you want to remove, then sneak and press your "drop" key.
- You can also hold shift and use the scroll wheel while the tool is held to manually morph it.
The config file for the mod includes the following:
- An option to allow every single item to be attached. Disabled by default.
- An option to make the tool morph in the off-hand rather than the main hand.
- A blacklist for mods that should not have items attached.
- A whitelist for names where items that contain them should be able to be attached (like wrench, screwdriver, hammer...)
- A whitelist for specific items that don't contain the previous names that should also able to be attached (like the Botania Wand of the Forest)
- An alias list. Allows you to redirect one mod to another. For example, RFTools adds the Smart Wrench, and the alias list contains "rftoolsdim=rftools", so when you look at an RFTools Dimensions block (different mod) while you have a Smart Wrench, it'll grab that instead. Other aliases include Thermal Dynamics to Thermal Expansion, for example.