Mo' Creatures Extended will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
About Mo‘ Creatures
Mo‘ Creatures is a mod created by DrZhark. It was created on November 17, 2010. A mod which adds over 80 new mobs to your game, it provides many new animal and monster mobs, as well as the ability to tame and ride some. December 2019, original development was discontinued and the mod went open source.
Permission by DrZhark concerning continuations of his work:
About Mo‘ Creatures Extended
Mo‘ Creatures Extended stands for continued maintenance of the mod for Minecraft 1.12.2. It‘s completely dependency-free, a lot of the codebase is cleaned up and most apparent bugs are fixed. Further, this means Custom Mob Spawner is no longer needed as we emulated its behavior with the vanilla spawner, greatly enhancing compatibility with other mods in the process.
THIS MOD IS GOING TO STAY ON 1.12.2, THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR PORTING FROM OUR SIDE!
List of most notable changes so far:
- Removed all dependencies, spawning is handled entirely with vanilla means
- Cleaned up codebase, adjust/removed legacy code
- Revamped spawning behavior and stats of all mobs for better immersion
- Optimized performance through faster data structures
- Overhauled config files with options for easy spawning customization
- Adjusted config values to reasonable defaults
- Fixed resources, language files and hitboxes
- Reworked AI
- Improved breeding
- Tons of fixes and tweaks to modernize the mod
- New and improved Wyvern Lair dimension
- Legacy models and textures returning from very old versions as config options
- A variety of new features that strive to be in the spirit of the original mod
- Restoration of old ideas and unused content
NOTICE - If you‘re updating from the old Mo‘ Creatures:
- Remove Custom Mob Spawner
- Delete your MoCreatures config folder
- DrZhark - Open sourcing the mod to let others continue the mod's legacy and giving us full permission to continue DrZhark's Magic Carpet Mod (will be implemented in the future)
- Daveyx0 - Giving us permission to fork the filch lizard creature from Primitive Mobs as a special addition for the Hexxit II modpack
- xJon - Creating the Hexxit II modpack which this mod is featured prominently on and general QA
- Malcolm Riley - Providing a texture repository with excellent textures for mods to freely use, we've used some of these textures for a few items that fit really well with the mod's style
Increasing spawn caps
To improve the dynamic feeling of Mo‘ Creatures Extended even further, you can utilize the Spawn Caps tweak from Universal Tweaks to match the respawn behavior from Custom Mob Spawner as follows: