Minecraft Boom is a mod that aims to expand the vanilla experience. All things that are added, block, items, mobs and structures, are in the spirit of the vanilla game. This is a mod for those of you who love the essence of vanilla, but are just looking to add that little extra. Blocks that should be in the game but aren't, missing items and extra features to make the game a little bit more appealing, here they all are. Knock yourself out…
- If you are updating your Minecraft Boom from 1.4.2 or lower please delete your old configuration file (/.minecraft/config/minecraftboom.cfg).
- Backup your world before updating! In preparation for the 1.13 update for Minecraft metadata blocks are being replaced! This will affect your world.
- Bricks: Brick variations of blocks. These include: Cobblestone, Mossy Cobblestone, Terracotta, Magma Block, Obsidian, Gravel and all Stained Terracotta Blocks.
- Soul Glass: Smelt Soul Sand into Soul Glass. A slightly more transparent version of glass. Can be crafted into Soul Glass Panes. Soul Glass can be crafted into Stained Soul Glass.
- Polished Blocks: Polished versions of blocks. These include: Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, End Stone and Netherrack.
- Pillars: Pillar versions of blocks. These include: Granite, Diorite, Andesite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, End Stone and Netherrack.
- Storage Blocks: Craft any 9 items into a more compact block version. These include: Charcoal, Sugar, Sugar Cane, Gunpowder, Blaze Powder, Magma Cream, Prismarine Crystal, Wither Bone and all available Dyes. Gunpowder Blocks explode when lit with a Flint And Steel, hit by a flaming arrow or randomly if there is fire nearby. Magma Cream Blocks act like a Slime Block. Prismarine Crystal Block will emit a little light.
- Fine Gravel and Gravel Stone: Fine Gravel is a new type of Gravel that uses the old texture. Fine Gravel and normal Gravel can be smelt in a furnace and results Fine Gravel Stone and Gravel Stone. These can be crafted into Gravel Bricks.
- Wood Variations: Adds Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia and Dark Oak versions of: Bookshelves, Ladders, Wooden Buttons, Pressure Plates and Trapdoors. Chests, Signs and Doors are to be added.
- Golden Bars: Gold equivalent of Iron Bars.
- Rose: The old Rose is back! The original Minecraft Rose was removed some updates ago and replaced with Poppies. Well now it’s back!
- Pumpkin: A pumpkin without a face. These replace the Hollowed Pumpkins when generated and Hollowed Pumpkins are only obtainable through crafting. Pumpkin Slices are dropped when the Pumpkin is broken.
- Red Nether Brick Fence: Since there are Nether Brick Fences, why not have the Red Nether Brick versions as well. Adds Red Nether Brick Fence Gates and Nether Brick Fence Gates as well.
- Stairs and Slabs: Slabs and Stairs are added for all Minecraft blocks that oughta have a slab and stair.
- Elder Guardian Spike: A sharp spike dropped by the Elder Guardian. Has no use at the moment.
- Pinecone: Pinecones are dropped by decaying Spruce Leaves at a 2 % drop rate. The item is edible and restores 1½ hunger.
- Polar Bear Fur: Polar Bear Fur is dropped by killing a Polar Bear and can be used to craft 4 Leather or 4 Paintings.
- Prismarine Arrow: The prismarine arrow is perfect for underwater combat. Unlike a normal Arrow, the Prismarine Arrow travels through water as it would through air.
- Pumpkin Slice: Who isn’t sick of Melons and just want to dig their teeth into a raw piece of Pumpkin? Dropped by “faceless” pumpkins and restore 1 hunger when eaten.
- Wither Bone: The Wither Bone is a drop added when killing Wither Skeletons. The bone can be used to craft a Wither Bone Block or be used as a fuel in a Furnace to burn 10 items.
- Wheat On A Stick: Currently has no use. Will eventually be the Cow equivalent to Carrot On A Stick.
- Telescope: Used to zoom in on your surroundings. Can only be found in dungeon chests.
- Popped Chorus Grenade: A new weapon, when thrown it will blow up on impact. Can not destroy blocks, only does damage.
- Levitation Dust: Currently has no use. Will eventually be used to craft Levitation Potions.
- Magma Brick: Used to craft Magma Brick Block.
- Nether Wells: Nether Wells spawn randomly in the Nether and has no functionality except making the Nether a little more interesting. Two different versions spawn: One without a cauldron (80 % chance) and one with (20 % chance).
- Fallen Trees: Fallen or dead trees now spawn throughout the Overworld. These are meant to add a little more detail to world.
- End Piles: Piles of block from the Overworld spawn in the End and are meant to represent blocks stolen by Endermen. They are commonly made up of Stone, Grass, Dirt and Cobblestone, but can sometimes contain Coal, Iron, Gold and Diamond Ore - Diamond being the rarest.
- Seeds are now called Wheat Seeds
- Pumpkins are renamed to Hollowed Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Seeds are crafted with Pumpkin Slices
- Pumpkin Pies are crafted with Pumpkin Slices
- Smelting a Pumpkin makes an Orange Dye
- Sticky Pistons now have a slimey side
- Sneaking + Right-clicking a Sticky Piston with a shovel removes the Slime Ball
- Silverfishes drop Iron Nuggets at a 35 % drop rate
- Polar Bears drop Polar Bear Fur
- Elder Guardians drop Elder Guardian Spikes
- Wither Skeletons drop Wither Bones
- Blaze Powder functions as Bonemeal to Nether Warts
- Blaze Powder can be used as fuel in a Furnace
- Nether Brick is renamed to Nether Bricks
- Red Nether Brick is renamed to Red Nether Bricks
- Spider Eye is now called Arthropod Eye
- Stone Tools are craftable with regular Stone
- Bone Blocks are crafted with 4 Bones instead of Bonemeal
- Purpur Pillars are crafted with 2 Purpur Blocks instead of Slabs
- Leaves have a 20 % chance to drop Sticks
- The loading screens for the Nether and the End are made prettier
In recent updates a configuration menu has been added under options. This configuration let's you disable all world generation, tweaks, blocks and items added by the mod. Certain items and blocks can also be tweaked through this menu. Note 1: Disabling items and blocks does not remove them from the game! It just makes them unobtainable through crafting, world gen, drops and the creative menu. Note 2: In version 1.4.3, blocks can be disabled but doing so will not remove some of their crafting recipes. This will be added in a later update.
Suggestions for improving the menu are very welcome!
Added many new configuration options
Telescopes now only spawn in normal dungeons
Item and Blocks can now be disabled*
Fixed not getting seeds from Hollowed Pumpkins
Fixed world generation in Superflat world types
Fixed telescopes spawning in dungeon chest even though being disabled
Fixed Gravel Stone not dropping the correct item
*Not all blocks crafting recipes can be disabled yet, this will be added in a future update
Fixed crash when traveling to The Between Lands
- Added Telescope to the loot pools of Dungeons
- Fixed upside down stairs not connecting properly
- Added Nether Brick Fence Gate
- Added Red Nether Brick Fence Gate
- Added Magma Brick item
- Added Stained Soul Glass
- Added Stained Soul Glass Panes
- Added Gravel Stone
- Added Fine Gravel world generation
- Added missing crafting recipes
- Added lots of configuration options
- Added Ore Dictionary Compatibility
- Added compatibility with new mods
- Fixed creative tabs not sorting properly
- Fixed bug where Fallen Trees would not generate
- Fixed bug where disabling leaves drop stick prevented Pinecones from dropping
- Fixed bug where grenade entity did not update properly
- Fixed bug where shift + right-clicking did not work properly with other mods
- Updated config GUI
- Added Fine Gravel Block
- Updated the configuration GUI
- Fixed configuration option for sticks dropping leaves
- Fixed server crash when generating Fallen trees
- Fixed server crashing on start
- Updated config GUI
- Added configuration GUI
- Added compatibility with mod Chop Down Updated
- Added Levitation Dust
- Added Telescope
- Added Popped Chorus Grenade
- Added glow to Magma Bricks
- Added Rose recipe for crafting Rose Red
- Added compatibility with mod Inspirations
- Changed generation of End Piles to include more blocks
- Fixed the name of Cobblestone Bricks Slab
- Fixed item models for double slabs
- Added Obsidian Stair and Slab
- Added Obsidian Bricks Stair and Slab
- Added Rose generation
- Added Fallen trees generation
- Added End Piles generation
- Added Pumpkin generation
- Fixed Oak Bookshelf recipe not working
- Added Obsidian Bricks
- Added Red Nether Brick Fence
- Added Nether Wells
- Changed Prismarine Crystal Blocks to drop Prismarine Crystals instead of the block
- Fixed the hardness and resistance for all block added
- Fixed server crashing on start
- Added Cobblestone Bricks
- Added Mossy Cobblestone Bricks
- Added Magma Bricks
- Added Terracotta Bricks
- Added Stained Terracotta Bricks
- Added Soul Glass
- Added Soul Glass Pane
- Added Pillar variations of blocks
- Added Polished variations of blocks
- Added Storage variations of blocks
- Added Wooden variations of blocks
- Added Golden Bars
- Added Faceless Pumpkin
- Added Slabs and Stair variations of blocks
- Added Elder Guardian Spike
- Added Pinecone
- Added Polar Bear Fur
- Added Prismarine Arrow
- Added Pumpkin Slice
- Added Wither Bone
- Added Wheat On A Stick
- Added additional crafting recipe for Stone Tools
- Added more functionality to Blaze Powder
- Added the ability to remove Slime Balls from Sticky Pistons
- Added drops to Silverfish
- Added drops to Polar Bears
- Added drops to Elder Guardians
- Added drops to Wither Skeletons
- Added drops to Leaves
- Renamed Seeds
- Renamed Pumpkins
- Renamed Nether Brick
- Renamed Red Nether Brick
- Renamed Spider Eye
- Renamed Fermented Spider Eye
- Changed crafting recipe for Pumpkin Seeds
- Changed crafting recipe for Pumpkin Pie
- Changed crafting recipe for Bone Blocks
- Changed crafting recipe for Purpur Pillars
- Changed loading screen for the Nether and the End
- Changed the side texture for Sticky Pistons
Suggestions and Bugs
As a one-man team I am very open to help. Suggestions regarding what to add/fix next are very welcome! Please leave a comment or contact me in some other way. If you find a bug or you think something is not working as it should, please report it here: Please report it here: https://github.com/MinecraftBoomMod/Minecraft-Boom/issues. Before you report anything, make sure you’re using the latest version of the mod.
What should be added next? Vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/15865803
- Github/Source Code: https://github.com/MinecraftBoomMod/Minecraft-Boom
- Minecraft Forum thread: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2812399-minecraft-boom-mod-exploiting-the-potential-of