Mine and Slash will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Mine and Slash
Welcome to Mine and Slash, a mod that changes minecraft into a hack and slash looter!
If you want to play right now, I suggest CTE Modpack:
But if you want to test new features there's a 1.20.1 BETA build now!
Diablo-like In-depth gearing system:
- Rune Words
- Unique Items
- Chaos Stats
- Set items
- Huge talent tree
- Many spell masteries to mix and match.
- Modifying, salvaging, crafting of loot.
- Endgame - Increasingly difficult tiers of Adventure Maps.
- Highly configurable.
This mod completely changes the combat and gear progression of minecraft, for better or worse, depending on your preferences, so i'll lay it out nice and clear what this mod does so you can make sure you want it or not.
The intent is to make Loot (mob drops) the primary way to obtain gear and to provide satisfying highly randomized loot drops and an in-depth player stat system that allows you to specialize and min max your character. Secondary intent is to provide long term progression.
- Requies: Forge, and Curios API.
- Use a mod for recipes like JEI.
- 1.12.2/1.14.4 is no longer supported, for newest features update to 1.15.2!
- All living things are given levels. The level is determined by distance from spawn. This means if you want to explore further, you'll want to level up so you can beat the tougher mobs!
- Minecraft doesn't allow more than 1000 something health so this mod stores the health value, this means mods that show mob health aren't useful, that's why i remodeled vazkii's Neat (health bar) mod to show actual health values.
- Adding to that, this mod completely overrides most health and damage mechanics. Same with damage and armor. Only weapons and armors from this mod provide useful benefits. Though some vanilla things are still useful, like fire, unbreaking, water affinity etc. So don't think crafting a diamond sword is a good idea, it isn't! (Unless you set it as a Compatible Item)
- To get loot from my mod, you must deal the most damage to the hostile mob and be similar level to the mob.
- Player attacks require energy, spells require mana. Learn to kite mobs and not waste mana.
Talent tree! (1.14.4 and up)
Thanks Bonsaiheldin for potion icons!
Thanks to Malcom Riley for the unused icons for alchemy!
Thanks to Joe Williamson for the icons
Thanks to Sattes for Rune icons
Thanks to Bonsaiheldin for alchemy icons
Thanks to Kyrise for the icons
Thanks to Lordrazen for player head skins
Yes, you can use it in any modpack you want. (Curseforge explicitly allows this no matter the licence)
While ARR, the mod is visible source and Addons are allowed.
You are allowed to hook into with mixin or the like. I do suggest you keep the addons as small as possible and not touch my code too much as it's very prone to changes.
If your addon has a lot of bugs or problems, I reserve the right to advise players against using it.
Example of an addon: a mod adding a currency item, a mod using mixin to hook to code to disable a feature there isn't a config for.
Do note that most of the mod is editable through datapacks, so usually there's not even a need to make an addon!
Join the Community Discord here: