Magnum Torch will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Magnum Torch adds three kinds of very powerful torches that prevent mobs from spawning in a huge area. Only natural spawns will be prevented, so e.g. spawners and raids still work as they should.
The type of magnum torch you craft defines what kind of mobs will be prevented from spawning. Only new mobs are prevented from spawning, mobs already in the world will not instantly vanish upon placing a magnum torch!
- Diamond: All monsters, such as zombies, skeletons, creepers, spiders, phantoms and so on.
- Emerald: Passive mobs such as wandering traders and trader llamas (animals are technically affected, but not really, since they only spawn during world gen or from breeding, which are both unaffected by magnum torches)
- Amethyst: Cave and water mobs, such as bats, all squids, axolotls, and all fish
Even better: Every kind of magnum torch is fully customizable, including effective range, shape to prevent mob spawns in (cuboid, cylinder, ellipsoid), white-/blacklist for individual mobs, type of blocked mobs (monster/water/cave/passive). So if you want you can completely change what the different types do, e.g. have one type only prevent phantom spawns and another solely deal with wandering traders, while the third one disables all kinds of fish. Its completely up to you!
|Three kinds of magnum torches, all prevent different mob spawns||Emerald magnum torch in a village|
|The item tooltip tells you all important variables you need to know||Crafting a diamond magnum torch|
|Crafting an emerald magnum torch||Crafting an amethyst magnum torch|
Q: How do I configure this mod on Forge?
A: Install my Config Menus for Forge mod and do it directly in-game!
Q: How do I configure this mod on Fabric?
A: Editing configs directly in-game has not yet been implemented. Instead when in a world run the
/config showfile <modid> command by choosing either
SERVER (depending on the mod), then click the file name (ending with .toml) that appears in chat to be able to manually edit the config file in a separate editor. After saving the file, the config will automatically reload in-game after a couple of seconds, so no game restart required.
Q: Where can I download this mod for Fabric on versions of Minecraft before 1.19?
A: Older downloads are found on the old project page.
Developing Magnum Torch was helped and inspired by:
- RWTema for inspiring this mod from the magnum torch block found in old versions of their Extra Utilities mod
- Nyffuuuh23 for creating those dandy textures