This is the first release of Lithium for Minecraft 1.17. It contains new hopper related optimizations and fixes a bug in Lithium's tick scheduler patches. Furthermore an API that allows other mods to signal special behavior of their modded inventories is included.
new: Several hopper related optimizations, including:
- Inventory modification tracking: Skip item transfers when transfer is guaranteed to fail.
- Entity movement tracking by section: Skip searching for entities when entity interactions are guaranteed to fail.
- Signal strength caching: Cache comparator signal strength of inventories until they are modified.
- Inventory caching: Skip searching for inventories in the world when it guaranteed to interact with the previous inventory again.
- Item transfer optimizations: Avoid stream code, avoid unnecessarily copying item stacks
- change: remove patches that are incompatible with Minecraft 1.17
- fix: tick stealing in positive direction on chunk unloading is different from vanilla