- Built using Forge version(s): 1.12.2: 22.214.171.12468 , 1.13.2: 25.0.70
- Intended for use on Client and Server
- 7 new ores
- 3 new types of Ingots, Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 1 new food item, Jerky
- 5 new building blocks
- TL;DR Mod description: Adds just a few more ores to make exploring Minecraft's caves more rewarding.
Over the years, mining in Minecraft has gotten less and less valuable. The core idea of this mod is to add a small selection of ores that add more value to mining. Each ore/resource is designed to be as vanilla-balanced as possible.
This mod adds:
- 7 new ores (Copper, Tin, Mithril, Platinum, Black Diamond, Salt, and Sulfur)
- 3 new types of Amor, Tools, and Weapons (Bronze, Mithril, and Black Diamond)
- 1 new type of food, Jerky
- 5 new building blocks not mentioned above
New ores and their uses:
- Copper: Used with Tin to create Bronze.
- Tin: Used with Copper to create Bronze.
- Bronze: A combination of Copper and Tin. Used to create equipment that is worse than Iron, but better than Stone. Can substitute Iron ingots in most crafting recipes.
- Mithril: Used to create equipment that is worse than Diamond, but better than Iron. Can substitute Iron ingots in most crafting recipes.
- Platinum: Exceedingly rare. Used to create a Platinum Crown. More (non-armor) uses coming soon!
- Black Diamond: Exceedingly rare. Used to create equipment that is better than Diamond (but not too much). Requires Diamonds instead of Sticks in tool recipes.
- Salt: A new type of earthly resource that is used to create food instead of equipment. Only found near the surface. Currently you can only use it to make Jerky, but I plan to add more uses as I come up with them. Jerky is awesome, by the way :3
- Sulfur: Only found in the nether. Used with charcoal to create gunpowder.
- Copper and Tin (one copper ore, one tin ore, shapeless):
- Jerky (a raw meat with 4 piles of salt, shaped):
- Gunpowder (3 sulfur, 1 charcoal, shapeless):
- Tool and armor recipes are the same as vanilla Minecraft. You can substitute Bronze and Mithril for most recipes that require Iron.
Setup/Installation: (Available on Aternos)
- Download the latest the Forge installer for the Minecraft version you want from http://files.minecraftforge.net/
If possible, I'd recommend selecting "Recommended Build" if available, as It's likely more stable than the "Latest Build".
- Run the installer. "The installer will attempt to install forge into your vanilla launcher environment, where you can then create a new profile using that version and play the game!"
- Download the latest version of the mod you want.
- Place the mod in the "mods" folder of your Minecraft installation ("%appdata%/.minecraft" by default)
- That's it! The mod should now successfully be installed!
You are free to include any of my mods in any mod pack. I would like for you to link to the CurseForge project page somewhere, but this is not a requirement.
I do not give consent for anyone to reupload the mod files of this, or any of my other mods, except as part of a collection/mod pack. You may, however, "reupload" the mod on any other site, as long as the main download link is to CurseForge.
If you are concerned about not having support for your language, feel free to create a translated .lang (or .json as of 1.13.2), and I'd be more than happy to add it to an official release.
If you would like a translation for your language to be included in the official release, just send me a translated lang file, and I'll be more than happy to add it. You will recieve your username in the credits for your contribution.
Currently there is support for:
- English US
- Simplified Chinese
Support The Author
I love making Minecraft mods! I hope you enjoy them, too! I strive to produce the highest quality mods, with the fastest patches. However, this takes a decent amount of time and effort to achieve. I'd be really grateful if some of you could help give back to me for the time I've given to make excellent content for you! Even just a single dollar means the absolute world to me, and shows me that the work I'm doing is appreciated. Every patron gets their name/alias in the credits on all my mods!
You can view the changelog for a release on it's file info page here.