HWYLA (Pronounced "Hwhy-la", similar to "Coo-Hwhip")
Hwyla is available for both Forge and Fabric. For Minecraft 1.14.2 and above, make sure you are downloading the properly tagged file for the loader you are using.
I intend to update this fork quickly and often.
All plugins/addons/compatibilities created with the official mod are 100% compatible with this fork.
You can find a list of most changes right here.
Notable Lesser Known Features
- By default, Numpad 3 and Numpad 4 can be used to lookup the recipe of blocks in the world in JEI. This requires JEI to be installed to function.
- You can change the colors and text formatting of the tooltip in-game by navigating to the in-game config, opening the "Waila" options screen, and selecting "Format content...".
- If you are having issues with tooltip handlers added by mods, you can run "/dumphandlers" which will produce a text file with all registered handlers and what types they are registered to.
- As of 1.12, the Narrator can be toggled for the tooltip. This will use the system's text-to-speech library to tell you what you're looking at.
- If you feel that having the item being displayed in the tooltip is redundant, it can be disabled.