Dynamic Lights will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
- rewritten to work with MC 1.16.5
- the mod now uses fake air and water blocks to achieve light (rapidly placing and removing them as light sources move)
- this has several limitations, only full water blocks can emit dynamic lights (not waterfalls or partial block rivers)
- it will also not work if the light source is inside some non-air block like foliage or spiderwebs
- the mod is now a "standard" mod that requires both a client and a server to have it when playing online
- currently only the player self light and dropped items modules are implemented
- there is also no on-off button
This modification makes 'shining' items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
1) the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
2) they are dropped on the ground
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
Put downloaded file into mods folder
current versions available at curse:
To other modders: See sourcecode. Adding your own Dynamic Lights is "easy".