Desolation (Fabric) will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
>> This is the FABRIC VERSION of this mod. An unofficial Forge port is available here. <<
Trinkets API is REQUIRED for versions 1.2.0+.
Status on 1.18: Fabric's API for overworld biomes in 1.18 is currently unfinished. Once it is complete, I'll begin work on a 1.18 port.
- A new biome, the Charred Forest, including several variants.
- Two new mobs: the Ash Scuttler and the Blackened.
- One new wood type, Charred Wood, and all its associated blocks.
- Useful new resources to collect, including ash and cinderfruit.
- New protective equipment (masks and goggles).
- A powerful new potion to brew.
📜 Full Feature List:
Charred Wood - Log variant that drops charcoal bits when broken
Powdered Ash Block
Block of Activated Charcoal
Ember Block - Damages the player like a magma block when stood on and can set them on fire; drops charcoal when broken
Cooled Ember Block
- Can be thrown to blind enemies
- Can be used as a fertilizer; roughly 0.25x the efficiency of bone meal
- Smelts two items; can be crafted into charcoal in a 2x2 square
- Black powder produced by heating charcoal in a furnace
Air Filter & Mask
- Mask can be worn in the head slot to counteract the biome's debuffs (Weakness & Mining Fatigue)
- Blocks blindness debuffs when worn in the head slot
- Can be consumed to restore hunger and provide brief fire protection
- Can be fed to Ash Scuttlers
- Crafted from 8 activated charcoal and 1 cinderfruit
- Used as an alternative ingredient for fire resistance potions
- Crafted from 8 activated charcoal and 1 ash
- Used to brew potions of blindness
Heart of Cinder
- Rare drop from Blackened
- Used to brew potions of Cinder Soul
- Wanders around the charred forest passively
- When fed Cinderfruit, will dig up a nearby ash block for the player and produce an item
- Burned, darkened skeleton variant
- Can throw ash clouds which blind opponents or perform a melee attack
- Drops bones, ash, and very rarely a Heart of Cinder
New Vanilla Recipes:
- 1 Bone Meal + 1 Clay + 1 Charcoal -> 1 Gunpowder
Potion of Fire Resistance
- Awkward Potion + Infused Powder -> Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Cinder Soul
- Awkward Potion + Heart of Cinder -> Potion of Cinder Soul
- Grants massive damage and resistance boosts, fire resistance, and a dash ability (bound to V by default)
Potion of Blindness
- Awkward Potion + Primed Ash -> Potion of Blindness
- Simplified Chinese: Samekichi
- Russian: TafeDon
⚠️ Crashing? Read this first:
- Do you have Trinkets API for Fabric installed? If not, install it.
- Do you have the appropriate version of Geckolib for Fabric installed? If not, install it. Versions 1.0.4+ require Geckolib 3. Earlier versions require Geckolib 2.
- If you are using a version that requires Geckolib 2.0.0, Sodium is incompatible and will crash on startup.
- If you want to run the mod on a server, make sure you're using 18.104.22.168 or higher - older versions will crash in multiplayer.
My other mods: