This is the first alpha for the 1.8 content update. Things may change, and more content is still planned.
- Maim trap. Permanently lowers the max health of mobs on contact and will continue to do so until they have 1 heart left. Players and bosses are excluded from this and will take damage instead.
- Player trap. Similar to the damage trap, but all damage is from a player source.
- Monolith of Spawning. Overrides spawn checks in the same chunk, to allways allow the mob to spawn. Spawned mobs have 20% more health and attack damage.
- Monolith of Experience. Absorbs experience orbs in the same chunk as it. EXP can be pulled from the reclaimed from the monolith.
- Using wither dust on a skeleton will turn it into a wither skeleton.
- Dispensing wither dust will turn skeletons into wither skeletons.
- Pearl Ender Hopper. An upgrade to the old ender hopper that is instant, and doesn't spawn particles.
- Fire trap now does 2 fire damage instead of 1.
- Items and blocks with sub types (like traps) now have specific information pages in JEI.
- The null charm now has 27 slots rather than 5.
- Charms will now work in Baubles again.
- Ender tether crafting now requires an unstable ender pearl. Normal pearl recipe removed.
- Removed the recipe for the block update detector. Added a recipe to replace existing ones with Vanilla's BUD block.
- Changed the recipes for lore tags, and added recipes for previously uncraftable lore tag colours.
- Rewrote the recipe system to work better with ore dictionary and metadata.
- The wither trap would not do damage to mobs if they stand on the plate.
- Removed duplicate JEI information recipe registrations.
- Ender Tethers are now significantly more performant.
- Shulkers would not drop their pearls if you kill them.
- Fixed a client side freeze when shift clicking items into the null charm.
- Fixed being able to move the null charm item while accessing it's inventory.