Custom Entity Models (CEM) will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Custom Entity Models (CEM)
Custom Entity Models (but for Fabric)
An implementation of custom entity models heavily based off of Optifine's format that aims to achieve feature parity with Optifine's custom entity models.
Current State of this Mod
This mod is currently in **_ALPHA_**, meaning that things MAY or MAY NOT work properly! There is absolutely no guarantee that things will work as intended or at all!
Check out Modrinth page, the CurseForge page, or build it yourself. This mod requires the installation of the Fabric Loader. If you want to configure this mod, the installation of YACL is also required.
Additionally, this resource pack or a derivative of it is required to work with optifine CEM.
How to use
This mod loads .jem and .jpm files from "assets/<namespace>/cem" folder in resource packs. For resource packs intended to be used with Optifine, renaming " assets/minecraft/optifine/cem" to "assets/minecraft/cem" should work fine. If you install the optional dependencies, this isn't necessary as there is an option within the config to just load from optifine's folder structure.
Discord Server Link
Join my discord server here: https://discord.gg/3qxFZm7Ycw
For resource pack devs
The file format for the .jem and .jpm is identical to the Optfine's (check out here , here, and here). The folder structures inside "assets/dorianpb/cem" does not matter. If you want to assign a custom model for a creeper, you could put the file as "assets/dorianpb/cem/creeper.jem", "assets/dorianpb/cem/creeper/creeper.jem", " assets/dorianpb/cem/za/waurdo/creeper.jem", etc.
- Most living entites should have support, and some non-living entites might not have anmimations.
No support for armor right now.
Individual part textures are not supported (you can only specify texture and texture size in the .jem file).
- Sprites are not supported.
attachoption is not supported.
- Currently, the animations do behave slightly differently than optifine's, just enough to break some packs.
This project is licensed with LGPL v3.0. Please don't repost this project anywhere without my written permission first.
- Implement the rest of the entities
- Make animations perfect
- A better icon! This one succs
For mod devs
If your fabric mod creates new entities, you can add support for CEM without too much work! Look at net.dorianpb.external for an example implementation. Make sure to use the " cem" entrypoint.
- dorianpb, for actually creating the mod
- sp614x, for Optifine's CEM, which this mod is based on
- Mojang, for actually creating Minecraft
- The Zombie Pigman, whose restoration is the entirety of my motivation for this project
- Anyone else who decides to contribute (Look here)