Culinary Construct (Forge/Fabric/Quilt) will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
Culinary Construct (Forge/Fabric/Quilt)
Culinary Construct is a mod that lets you make custom sandwiches or bowls/stews out of any food items you have lying around. That's right, any of them! The idea and features for this mod are based on this thread started by /u/UniqueUserTheSecond on r/feedthebeast. This mod adds one new block, called the Culinary Station, that lets you craft your custom food, and two new items, the modular Sandwich and Bowl of Food!
Note: Versions for Minecraft 1.12.x do not have bowl crafting, only sandwiches.
For Forge users, see Forge files.
For Fabric users, see Fabric files.
Crafting Dynamic Food
The only thing you need to get started with food crafting is the new block, the Culinary Station. The recipe for this block is simply a wooden slab over a crafting table, like so:
Right-click this block and you'll be taken to the crafting GUI:
Culinary Station GUI
- 1. Base Slot: Insert any valid bread or bowl item here.
- 2. Ingredient Slots 1-5: Insert any valid food item here. There are no other restrictions. If your base is a bowl, certain liquids like buckets of fluid and potions are also possible.
- 3. Custom Name: Insert a custom name for your food here. There's a maximum character limit of 35.
- 4. Output: Your crafted sandwich or bowl will appear here. Crafting will always take only one item from each slot, but sandwiches can output multiple at a time depending on its ingredients.
A crafted sandwich or bowl will gain the total combined food value of all of its ingredients. In addition, the saturation modifier will be the average of all of its ingredients' saturation modifiers, proportional to their contribution to the food value. Essentially, it's the same as eating all of the ingredients packed into one item.
It's not just about putting whatever ingredients you can find in your sandwich or bowl. Sure there's nothing stopping you from doing so, but for a truly tasty meal you're going to want a variety of ingredients. Each food, when crafted, will have a quality grade from Disgusting to Delicious. Depending on the quality grade, your food will gain either a bonus or a penalty to its saturation. This is also dependent on the size of the food. Food with more ingredients have a wider quality range.
You'll find that sometimes you can get more than just a single sandwich from a set of ingredients. This is, of course, because not all ingredients are made equal. Some of them will be more filling than others. However, your sandwich can only hold so much. If your ingredients would total more than 10 combined food value, you will split the ingredients among multiple sandwiches. How many sandwiches you get depends on how much food the combined ingredients would give you.
Conversely, bowls/stews will always only output one.
Legacy 1.12 Info/Resources
Supported Breads for Sandwich Bread Slot
- Pam's Harvestcraft by MatrexsVigil
- VanillaFoodPantry by The_Wabbit
- Actually Additions by Ellpeck
- akkamaddi's Ashenwheat by Sinhika
- Reliquary by P3pp3rF1y
- Plant Mega Pack by 10pak
- Atum by Shadowclaimer, Grafiti
- Gobber by kwpugh