Corail Tombstone will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
" Keeps safe your inventory items in graves on death, with many features for better survivability and exploration, in a medieval fantasy atmosphere related to the decorative grave & the haunting souls. "
Corail Tombstone handles your death in Minecraft by providing tons of configuration options, many features to encourage to discover the world and several compatibilities between mods.
It also introduces a perk system : the Knowledge of Death, and a magic system based on some enchantable items with the help of the Souls haunting the Decorative Graves and waiting for a way to be freed for their eternal sentence.
A screen in game allows to configure player preferences, access a Compendium of infos and the selection of the perks.
There're several commands related to death and dimensional teleportation.
The mod works fine with dedicated servers. The main supported languages are French & English (but multiple languages are provided).
Special thanks to Gegy, Barteks2x, H3lay(Raycoms) & Runemoro for their advices
The decorative graves are special blocks with a fog particle only during the night.
They can be harvested with shovel/pickaxe and can be engraved with the anvil (see below).
The decorative graves can be haunted by a soul, depending on the chance set in the config.
The soul stays until used and allows some enchants like magic scroll/tablet, or upgrade the grave's key.
Dark and white graves has no difference for the gameplay (as the chosen model).
To build a decorative grave, you will need to collect Grave's Dust (the common way to obtain them is by killing undeads or with Cat Morning Gift), and one Essence of Undeath being an ingredient obtainable through the advancements (the first one is by finding how to select your favorite grave in the config in game) and rarely foundable on undeads, Cat Morning Gift and by fishing in deep water (but don't hope to find them by theses ways except by luck).
Inscription on decorative graves
By using the anvil, you can combine a grave plate with an iron ingot to set a name on that plate.
This can be used then to set or change the name on your decorative graves. A config allows to prevent to switch the names.
In older versions, grave plates were not present and the decorative graves needed to be combined in the anvil.
Rarely, a Grave Guardian can appear near a decorative grave. This guardian will protect the surroundings from hostile creatures and will offer to trade with the players. This is one way to obtain Grave's Dust and Essence of Undeath. During special events, the trades may differ. The Grave Guardian is not available in 1.12.2.
Knowledge of Death
Players earns knowledge points each time they use a grave's soul to enchant an item, when they free a soul from a receptacle, by praying near a decorative grave with a special item called Ankh of Pray (with a cooldown of 6 in-game hours), or by accomplishing the tombstone advancements.
Theses points allow you to unlock some perks in a special gui "Knowledge of Death" (the keybind in "misc" is not defined by default).
The perks are small bonus related to all the features of tombstone, instead of providing them by default (some of them will be displayed based on what is allowed in the config).
The compendium is a special section of the gui of the Knowledge of Death that provides infos, linked between them, about Tombstone.
How to configure the mod
You have 3 files in the run/config folder all prefixed by "tombstone" that can be edited.
Most of features, items, enchantments can be disabled in this config (and some are disabled by default like 'pvp')
Client Config in game
The client config can be accessed directly in a screen in game by using the command /tbgui or by setting a keybind.
- TBTeleport: dimensional teleportation (position, player, village, biome, your respawn, your last grave, your last death point)
- TBBind: binds your current location or teleport to one of 5 possible bound locations
- TBShowLastGrave : shows the last player's grave position
- TBRestoreInventory : click your grave at distance restoring the inventory
- TBRecovery : manually backups all players (or one), or rollbacks a player from an old save
- TBKnowledge : modify the knowledge points of a player or reset its ankh's cooldown
- TBSiege : allows to launch/stop a Zombie Siege
- TBReviveFamiliar : bring back to life your last dead familiar
- TBRequestTeleport : send authorization request to teleport to another player with a custom cooldown
- TBGui : client command to open the Tombstone screens
- Soulbound: items with this enchantment remain on you when you die
- Shadow Step: move discreetly reducing the distance to be detected by creatures based on darkness
- Magic Siphon: chance to absorb beneficial effects from the target
- Plague Bringer: chance to apply a random harmful effect. The wearer is also affects by this effect if his alignment is not bad
- Blessing: chance to receive a short buff when hit
- Curse of Bones: chance to apply Bone Shield when hit with a cooldown
- Frostbite: chance to apply freeze on hit
- Spectral Bite: boot enchantment with a chance when the player is hit to spawn Spectral Fangs dealing magic damages to nearby enemies, with a delay based on enchantment level.
- 'tombstone:ghostly_shape': similar to the effect after your death preventing creatures to attack you and improvable with the perk system
- 'tombstone:diversion': preventing creatures to attack you
- 'tombstone:preservation': keeping your beneficial effects after your death
- 'tombstone:unstable_intangibleness': making you invulnerable one full second every 5 seconds
- 'tombstone:feather_fall': slowing your fall and preventing any fall damage
- 'tombstone:purification': clearing any negative effects on you over time
- 'tombstone:true_sight': allows to see in the dark, underwater, in lava, in the fog, and reveals invisible creatures
- 'tombstone:reach': increases the range of the player
- 'tombstone:lightning_resistance': the name is self-explanatory
- 'tombstone:frost_resistance': the name is self-explanatory (also prevents to freeze)
- 'tombstone:bait': bad effect attracting creatures to attack you
- 'tombstone:bone_shield': effect received with the enchantment "Curse of Bones", protecting against melee damages and reflecting a part
- 'tombstone:aquatic_life': adapts you to aquatic environments
- 'tombstone:frostbite': bad effect freezing and hurting over time with frost damages
- 'tombstone:earthly garden': spreads flowers around you
- 'tombstone:discretion': improves stealth speed and reduces range detection
- 'tombstone:mercy': shares a small part of your beneficial effects between your near allies
Since 1.18.2+, lootTables (related to this mod) can be edited in your savegame folder (in "tombstone/loottables). It just needs reload the save (or use the command /reload) after modifications.
Theses lootTables are lost treasures (for unlucky fishing in 'openwater'), chest treasures (for structure chests), cat morning (when tamed cats offer a present on player wake up), undead loots (including undead boss) and archaeology (in 1.19.4+).
Some statistics are used in this mod and can be used for objectives in scoreboard (via the vanilla command /scoreboard), they can be viewed from the game menu.
undead_killed, villager_killed, raider_killed, exorcism, zombify, consume_soul, capture_soul, free_soul, pray_on_grave, pray_of_protection, use_disenchantment, use_recycling, use_repairing, use_vanishing, revive_familiar, tomb_raiding, sneak_grave, create_ancient_tablet, kill_undead_boss, steal_effect, trade_grave_guardian, traded_lollipop.
Since version 3.4.0, tombstone includes an api, with source, exposing some features of the mod.
The mod provides multiple compatibilities with others mods. Players' graves are indestructible (even with mods not following their 'indestructible state' in recent versions).
It's possible that some versions will inform you that you use another grave mod to prevent trouble. Since v6.2.5, you have the possibility to let an other grave mod handling the death if you disable the related client config in Tombstone.
With the rapid increase in Minecraft versions, it becomes time consuming to keep updating them all. To this end, only the latest and the most popular versions will receive updates in the future.
The good news is that i will be able to continue to maintain my mods for many more years, although I also plan to learn other game environments.
Consider participating to my patreon if you like my mods and can afford it.
Patreon supporters can make special request and get support for older versions.
Corail Tombstone is All Rights Reserved. Being a Minecraft contribution, the license obviously doesn't apply to its creator Mojang Studios.