Unlike Bedrock Edition, the Java Edition of Minecraft does not allow players to use a controller to play the game. There are many reasons why players find using a controller a better experience. Controllable not only makes the game more accessible by enabling controller support, it allows multiple instances of the game to be played on the same computer; something you can't do with a mouse and keyboard. Controllable has many exciting features such as: being able to change the binding of every button, allowing you to quick craft with one click from the recipe book, easy navigation of menus and inventory using the direcitonal pad, and the best support for other mods due to it's underlying codebase that developers can easily hook into!
See the Controllable documentation for help with connecting your controller and diagnosing issues
- Run multiple instances of Minecraft to play with friends on the same computer!
- On-screen button hints (just like Bedrock Edition)
- The ability to remap the action of every button
- NEW A customisable radial menu that binds multiple actions to a single button
- NEW Supports binding keybinds from other mods to controller buttons
- A simple API with events for integration into third party mods
Moved to the official Controllable Documentation website
🙋♀️ Need Support or Want to Follow Mod Development:
The comment section isn't great for support, which is why MrCrayfish recommends you join the Discord community. You can get help installing and configuring mods, resolving crashes and more! Plus you'll also get access to news about mod updates and development (before anywhere else!). Click the banner below to join 🔽