Colored Lux will start downloading in 5 seconds...
STILL DOWNLOADING MANUALLY??
Join over 10 million players who use the CurseForge app!
This mod is a simple fork and remake of the original Albedo by elucent.
It implements a colored lighting engine into Minecraft!
Any light limits? Well... technically not, as long as your hardware will be capable of storing all light sources, you're fine! The default max value is 1.5k lights, but this could be vastly increased (don't recommend going over 4096 tho, as it would start dropping FPS pretty quickly on the powerful GPUs too)
You can customize any block to glow exactly how you want it to!
The reason why this mod exists is fairly simple: issues take too long to get a response, not even a fix. My issues got declined, so this mod is a thing now.
There are a couple of bugfixes:
- mobs DO color red when hit
- Hand lighting is actually correct
- Particles respect colored lighting
- Pretty much-unlimited amount of lights is possible
- Specify light shading mode in configs (max color / add colors)
- Custom JSON file to make blocks of choice light up with colors
- Non-tile blocks can add light each frame instead of each search cycle
- (NEW) Lux Packs! Similar naming to resource packs, but allow to add support to ANY mod, without the mod author having to write compatibility for Colored Lux. (User-friendly, unless you need to work with Tile Entities, but that is still possible with JS)
This mod was made in hope that it would be useful for those who experience bugs with Albedo.
Note: the mod has PARTIAL support for Optifine: You must disable Render Regions and all shaders.
DO NOT REPORT ANY ERRORS IF YOU ARE USING OPTIFINE! THEY ARE GOING TO GET DISCARDED.
This mod has trouble working on AMD GPUs, the cause of this is unknown, sadly.
If you want to collaborate, feel free to PM me on discord, I'll gladly offer my help for you to implement this API into your mod!
Here's a good example of colored lighting ( TerrariaCraft):
Vanilla lighting improved (only using lights.json file, can be downloaded from Github):
Currently (known) supported colored lighting mods:
Are you developing an integration? Let me know on discord! I'll happily add your mod to the list!
- You can use this mod in your modpack.
- You are not allowed to re-publish this mod to other sites without providing a Modrinth/CurseForge download link and my permission (PM to Zeitheron, or via Discord)
- You are not allowed to include this (or any other mods of the DragonForge team) in your own mod. Building add-ons, however, is allowed, but a friendly PM would be good.
- The only supported version of Minecraft is the latest one that this mod exists for. DO NOT ASK TO DOWNGRADE!
Want to discuss anything? Need help with APIs?
Join the discord server and follow Zeitheron on Twitter!
If you would like to support my work, you can become a patron via Patreon.