Bookshelf is a collection of code, frameworks, utilities, and other resources. Many mods utilize Bookshelf's code base to power their own mods.
Why use a library mod?
Library mods such as Bookshelf allow seemingly unrelated mods to share parts of the same code base. This reduces the amount of time and effort required to develop certain mods and features. The Library's code base is also tested in a wider range of circumstances and communities which can lead to less bugs and better performance in mods.
Features for Players
While this mod is primarily for mod authors, there are a few useful features for Players.
- Debug commands like /bookshelf hand to get item IDs.
- Many new datapack features like crafting recipes that damage items with durability rather than consuming them.
Features for Modders
- Serialization for JSON/Network/NBT formats.
- Utility Functions.
- Registry manager, including non-forge registry types, debugging, and statistics.
- Debug commands.
- New recipe types.
- New ingredient types.
- New loot condition types.
- New loot modifier types.
- New item predicates.
- Check GitHub and the Wiki for more!
Like the mod and want to support me?
This project is sponsored by Nodecraft. Use code Darkhax for 30% off your first month of service!