BlockCarpentry - now available for 1.16.1 and 1.16.2
Minecraft mod for 1.15.1/1.15.2/1.16.1/1.16.2 - small fork of the famous "Carpenter's Blocks" mod for 1.7.10 by MinesHopper
NOTE: I can't work on the mod right now due to huge stress in my studies
This mod is only available for forge!
This mod adds coverable blocks (namely frames and illusion blocks), that take on the texture of the block they contain. Currently, that works for all solid blocks. Especially, Blockcarpentry adds normal cubes, stairs, slabs, doors, trapdoors, pressure plates, buttons, and fences. I'm planning and working on additional blocks, such as beds, falling blocks and walls.
Take these blocks...
... and right-click them with some solid block, and they will change their appearance
Here you can see some pictures, of what this mod also does:
You can right-click a block with glowstone dust or coal/charcoal to increase its lightlevel. Glowstone dust increases the lightlevel by 3, while coal/charcoal only increases it by 1:
You can also right click frame blocks with grass (2 overlays), snowballs (2 overlays), vines (1 overlay) or gunpowder (5 overlays) to apply overlays. In the following screenshot you can see all 10 possible overlays:
There are a plenty of more features to discover and I've many things planned to do, so please be patient.
You can also find all recipes in the vanilla recipe book or in JEI
First, you need to craft frames from eight vanilla scaffoldings.
After that, you can craft stairs, slabs, buttons, etc. by using those frame blocks.
Also, you can place unnecessarily remaining items back in the crafting grid to get the full amount of frames back:
Feel free to experiment! You can also send me improvement ideas by writing a nice comment, and if I like the idea, I'll surely implement them :)
Difference between illusion blocks and frame blocks
Unlike frame blocks, illusion blocks take the model of a block, i.e. they have the same texture on the corresponding sides (e.g. when you right-click one of them with a furnace, it shows the furnace model with the furnace front, sides and top). Again, the difference between illusion blocks and frame blocks: Illusion blocks take the model of the contained block (top faces stay top faces, same for bottom and sides), but frame blocks take the texture of one of these faces for all sides - you can change this by right-clicking the block with a texture wrench.
- 1. You can cover a block by simply right-clicking it with the right block. This block should be a solid block, since some problems may occur with transparent blocks concerning their transparency
- 2. For blocks with different textures (e.g. the crafting table or bookshelves), you can use the texture wrench (stupid name, but I couldn't think of a better name) and right-click the frame/illusion block to switch between the textures of the block
- 3. For some blocks (e.g. the fence, the door or the trapdoor), you can choose different designs by right-clicking them with the chisel. These designs include different optical enhancements such as door knobs, different windows (doors and trapdoors only). (WIP)
- 4. If you've chosen a design, you can toggle between some textures (e.g., for the doorknob you can choose obsidian, stone, iron block, gold block, and oak planks). Again, this is just for cosmetic purposes and does not change the behaviour of the block. (WIP)
- 5. You can right-click any frameblock with glowstone dust or coal/charcoal to increase its lightlevel. Glowstone dust increases the emitted lightlevel by 3, while coal or charcoal only increase it by 1. BUT BEWARE, you wont get glowstone dust or coal back, when you break the block!
- 6. You can right-click any "filled" frame or illusion block with the hammer to remove the block stored inside. You can also enable the feature to remove blocks by sneaking and right-clicking the frame or illusion block with an empty hand (this can be enabled in the config file)
- 7. For doors and trapdoors with glass design, you can right-click it with vanilla dye to change its glass color. Also, you can change the pillow/blanket color from beds by right-clicking them with vanilla dye.
- 8. You can activate certain overlays by right-clicking the "filled" frame/illusion block with some vanilla items like grass (activates both normal and large grass overlay), snowball (activates both normal and small snow overlay), vines (activates vine overlay) and gunpowder (activates different "brick overlays")
- 9. I can't think of any more functionality...
- Have fun and best regards,
Special Thanks and Top Contributors:
WenXin20 (many tests and bug reports, helped me a lot)
kevinggg1 (contributed translations and feedback)
KiroTheBlueFox (contributed translations and showed me some tricks)
Language files created by:
PianoManu (english, german)
Mikeliro (brazilian portuguese)
kevinggg1 (spanish (spain, argentina))
--- feel free to contribute a translation into your language
Note: this mod is intended as a successor to the famous Carpenter'sBlocks mod by MinesHopper. Since said mod is only available for minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, I've made this mod completely from the scratch (no copy-paste, that would not even be possible), but the idea belongs to MinesHopper. So go and give him some love!
Note 2: This mod is dedicated to the living God and His son, Jesus. Without His support, I would never have had enough strength and perseverance to get this project working and publish it. Learn to hear His voice, it will transform your life. (Based on a quote from Covert_Jaguar, creator of RailCraft)