Blockbuster is a Minecraft mod which helps you create Minecraft machinimas/roleplays series using NPC body actors. Besides providing basic recording and playback, it also features a ton of miscellaneous features which can help you to add some originality to your video, extending your possibilities beyond plain body acting (see Features section).
This mod works with Forge for Minecraft 1.10.2, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2 (requires Forge 184.108.40.20638 or higher).
Recording and playback is based on, and rewritten from scratch, Mocap mod by EchebKeso.
Q: Model block is invisible when I hold it in the hand. How to fix it? (1.12.2)
A: Looks like you're using Optifine D1 or below. Update Optifine to D2 or higher.
Blockbuster mod provides you with lots of features to make cool machinimas/roleplay series:
- Actors and player recording – the most important feature, as you won't be able to create a machinimas without it. With Blockbuster mod you can record yourself doing things and then playback it using an actor. Recording code has some limitations on which actions it can record. See Blockbuster Wiki for more information about limitations.
- Director blocks – special blocks which manage playback of multiple actors. With a director block, you can record an actor at a time, meanwhile reacting to previously recorded actors, making it possible to create complex scenes solo.
- Model block – besides actors, Blockbuster also adds a model block, allowing you placing down custom models or mobs as static props, which allows creating magnificient and immersive scenes. Besides placing them down, you can also hold those models or mobs in your hand.
- BB gun item – a special item which shoots projectiles on right click. This feature provides many different configuration options which can be used to create not only firearm combat scenes, but also special effects like avalanches, fake physics, crowd explosion and much more!
- Aperture support – Blockbuster mod has built-in Aperture integration. When Aperture is loaded, Blockbuster mod provides you with some features such as: ability to attach camera profiles to playback button, previewing director block playback while editing cameras and editing the player recording actions within the camera editor.
- Custom models – recording only player-like entities limits the originality of your machinimas. Blockbuster mod let's you create custom models using in-game model editor. Unleash your creativity with custom models!
- OBJ models – beside custom models which can be created with in-game custom model editor, Blockbuster also supports OBJ models on top of custom JSON models!
- Morphs support – thanks to Metamorph's morph API, Blockbuster is capable of using any morphs which Metamorph provides to be used by Blockbuster actors. Including Blockbuster's provided morphs and Emoticons' morphs.
- Advanced morphs – beside registering custom models into morph system, Blockbuster also provides special morphs for advanced machinima creation:
- Sequencer morph – a morph that switches between given morphs automatically, depending on delays set between multiple morphs.
- Record morph – a morph that allows to playback a player recording within the morph itself (useful with model block or body part system).
- Structure morph – a morph that allows to morph into a structure saved with structure block.
- Green screen features – Blockbuster adds glowing green blocks without any shading and an option to turn the sky fully green which makes it easier creating green screens for post processing of your machinimas.
- Animated GIF support – now you can put reaction and meme GIFs onto Blockbuster models and just as images. Credit goes to MrCrayfish's furniture mod and DhyanB.
- Minema compatability – thanks to frame-based player recording and cameras, you can convert your in-game machinimas to videos with a press of a button.
- Speaks multiple languages – besides English, Blockbuster is also translated into Russian and Chinese thanks to Andruxioid and ycwei982, respectively.
Install Minecraft Forge, download the latest stable version of jar file for available Minecraft version. Also install following mods: McLib, and Metamorph. Put it in minecraft's
mods folder, and launch the game.
After that, Blockbuster mod should be installed and will appear in Minecraft's mods menu. If Blockbuster didn't appear in the mods menu, then something went wrong.
This is change logs playlist. Almost every update (for exception of patches with bug fixes and minor features) comes with a change log video which showcases new features, and briefly shows how to use them.
Here is also a playlist of tutorials directly or indirectly related to Blockbuster/Minecraft machinima creation. Make sure to check it out, as it consists out of tutorials such as basics of Blockbuster mod, how to import OBJ models, etc.
This playlist consists out of videos that I've created a bunch of machinimas during Blockbuster mod testings and just when I felt like. Feel free to check out my crazy videos.
Here is also a playlist of 300+ community made videos with Blockbuster mod:
For mod reviewers and reposters
When reposting my mod on your own website or reviewing it, please consider following (if you want to support me and my mod):
- Don't distort the mod name. It's the Blockbuster mod.
- Make sure that information and description of my mod is legit. Misleading information, like Minecraft version support or non-existent features, is your responsibility.
- By uploading a custom build of this mod, the build becomes your responsibility.
- Provide the source link, please. CurseForge page is preferable.
- Provide a link to my YouTube channel, please. This will be really appreciated!
- You can use Blockbuster banner or cover for your repost page. Don't apply the watermark, though, that's just rude.
If you're interested in this project, you might as well follow me on any of social media accounts listed below:
Also, I would really appreciate if you will support me on Patreon!
If you found a bug, or this mod crashed your game. I'll appreciate if you could report a bug or a crash to me either on issue tracker, on PM or on Twitter. Please, make sure to attach a crash log (pastebin please) and description of a bug or crash and the way to reproduce it. Thanks!