This mod aims to improve the atmosphere of Minecraft by changing the in-game models to allow for better animations and subtle effects. It seeks to give a more realistic feel to parts of the game that can benefit from it, like simulating physics and making model parts move that normally don't.
Take a look at the two trailers below to see the new animations in action!
Here is a list of every animation this mod adds:
- Wiggly Ghast Tentacles: Divides ghast tentacles into parts and makes them wiggle realistically, like those tentacle monsters you always see at the movies. Makes them a little more scary, but ultimately nicer to look at.
- Squiggly Squid Tentacles: Gives a jellyfish-like effect to the swimming animation of squids. Also makes their tentacles flow more while moving.
- Playful Doggies: Changes wolf tails to be fluffier and flowier, wagging realistically while they stand and run. Also makes tamed wolves lie down instead of sitting. Hold up some meat and they'll roll over, too.
- Flowy Ocelot Tails: Takes away the stick tails of the current ocelots and gives them something nicer instead: Fully animated flowing tails that move while they stand or run, and even curl around their bodies when they sit. Also makes cats lie down on beds instead of sitting like in Minecraft 1.14.
- Oinky Pigs: A very subtle animation, makes a pig's snout move when it oinks. It only moves up and down ever so slightly, but it's there. Just a little bit more life for your livestock.
- Wobbly Cow Udders: This makes the udders on cows wobble around when they walk. Also makes their udders have nipples, but if you're sensitive to that kind of thing those can be deactivated.
- Bucka Bucka Chicken: This one makes chicken beaks open and close when they cluck. When they strut their heads move back and forth, the red thing under their beak swings around and their wings flap a little. Just like the real deal!
- Wiggly Villager Noses: A subtle change, this makes villagers wiggle their big noses whenever they make their unique "hmmm" sound! It's a small change, but who doesn't get a kick out of it?
- Wiggly Iron Golem Noses: Exactly the same as above, except for iron golems! Since they don't make any noise the nose wiggles around when they're hurt instead.
- Liquidy Slime Nuclei: A pleasing visual change; this makes the insides of slimes flow around like liquid. They splish-splosh about even more when they jump. The eyes, the mouth, and the core itself all move independently.
- Magma Cube Burgers: Adds a custom death animation to magma cubes, which causes their bodies to form into a pile of steamy, delicious hamburger patties when they die. Unfortunately, you can't eat them because they're way too hot.
- Spider Knees: A truly stunning visual addition. Spiders now finally have the knees they've always dreamed of. Also affects cave spiders.
- Wobbly Creepers: Remember that very popular music video by the one and only CaptainSparklez with the really cute wobbly Creeper? Well, it's in the game now. The full thing, the real deal, exactly like the video. Probably the best custom animation in the entire collection.
- Arm Flailing Endermen: If an enderman is angry it will wave its arms around wildly while chasing its target. Suits their twisted nature very well: wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube endermen!
- Animated Snowman Stick: This makes a snowman's arm swing when it throws a snowball. There are even rumors of some snowman being left-handed!
- Kneeling Sheep: This one is pretty kneat. It makes sheep actually bend down to eat grass. It's no longer just their head lowering, their whole body lowers down to get a sweet sample of that succulent cellulose. Did you notice their KNEES bend too when they kneel?
- Bending Zombie Knees: This one makes the knees of zombies bend when they walk around. Looks pretty fluid and nice. You'll like it, trust me. Also works on zombie pigmen and husks.
Everything in this mod is highly customisable via the config file. Individual animations can be disabled, animation speeds can be changed, and much more.
Take a look at these reviews made by some of your favourite Minecrafters!
Video by JKapGaming made for the original Better Animations Collection mod
Video by Sky Does Everything made for the original Better Animations Collection mod
Video by CaptainSparklez made for the Better Animations Collection Revived mod
Video by DanTDM made for the Better Animations Collection Revived mod
Video by iHasCupquake made for the Better Animations Collection Revived mod
The 1.14 version is still in beta and therefor lacks a few models.
The Better Animations Collection mod was originally created by KodaichiZero for Minecraft 1.2.5 in 2012. Even though there have been previous revivals this mod has been completely built off of Kodaichi's original work. For this reason I've contacted him to grant me permission to release it which he was kind enough to do.
Sound based animations in this mod (pig, chicken, villager and snowman) aren't very reliable when the entity is moving. This can't be fixed without making any server-side changes which this mod purposefully avoids. If needed the sound detection range can be increased in the config file, which might lead to the animations being played for the wrong mobs sometimes though.
This mod runs purely one the client-side. It therefor even works when playing on a vanilla server.
All the credit goes to KodaichiZero for creating these awesome models and animations so many years ago which this mod uses.