Nick Namer will start downloading in 5 seconds...
- Bukkit Plugins
Nick Namer - Change your in-game name!
Current Latest Version: v1.2.1
I'm Not Dead!
A lot of time and effort goes into these plugins I make. I'm currently a Freshman in High School so it's hard to find the time to maintain and develop my plugins. Donations would be a great way to help me and for you guys to show your appreciation. Donate
Tired of the same in-game name? Well Give yourself a brand spanking new Name! That's right son, a NEW NAME! Nick Namer currently has permissions support (SuperPerms by default...), TagAPI Support, and will default to OP if no permissions file is found.
Want a visual demonstration of this plugin? Click here for my own video on this plugins features!
Make NickNamer even better than before! NickNamer is now open source on github
To Install NickNamer
- Download The Latest Version of Nick Namer - v1.2.1 [CB 1.5.2-R0.1] (.jar)
- (Optional) Install the Latest Version of TagApi
- Drag and drop into your Plugin Directory
- Run your server or type /reload in the console
- You're ready to go!
- Change your name with Colors! (Click for colors resource)
- Confused? See their name!
- You may use any characters to nick name
- Secret Join, Leave, and Kick messages in the config.yml!
- Permissions support (Default: OP)
- Change if the player should be OP or not to use this plugin!
- Will change logout/join/kick messages to <NickName> Joined/Left/Got Kicked
- your name writes a config file with your name and nickname!
- Keep your name when you rejoin the server!
- TagAPI support to change the players title to their new name!
- Have a plugin for custom Login Mesages? Don't use mine! (Controlled in config)
- Added support for a blacklist so your players can't have stupid names!
- Seperate permission nodes for ColorCodes in Nicks!
- More coming soon!
The /nnick command is now an alias of /nick. Yes, this means the command is back to /nick
In Depth Features (Will most likely answer any questions you have)
What this plugin does is allow players to change their display name, not their actual minecraft username. If you don't have TagApi it will only change your chat name and player tab list name. Now what this means is that the name over your head will not be changed with regular installation. IF you use a chat plugin such as Herochat or whatever chat plugins are out nowadays, make sure you change the chat configuration to show the display name instead of the player's actual minecraft username. If you want all Nick Namer has to offer and have installed TagAPI, then with the use of this API, the name above the player's head will be changed, along with their skin of the player's name. (E.g if I nicknamed myself 'Notch', the name above my head would change to 'Notch' and my skin would be changed to his too) I cannot change the fact that your skin changes with the nicknames, as mbaxter said in the description of his API, this is a minecraft client issue and cannot be changed. When you nickname yourself it will check if your name is blacklisted or not based on the config node 'Use Blacklist' and whether or not you have the permission to bypass the blacklist. If you try to nickname yourself a blacklisted word, the NickChangeEvent is cancelled.
- /nnick <NickName> - change your name, even with Colors1 (Ex. /nnick &b[CoolGuy]&ckilljoy64)
- /nnick <Player> <Nick> - changes the players Nick to the specified Nick. (Ex. /nick PWicks23 &bPWicks)
- /realnick <Nick> - returns the players real name! (New and Improved!)
- /nicknamer <Arg1> <Arg2>... - NickNamer Plugin commands like reload ect.
permissions: nickname.nick: description: Permission to NickName! default: op nickname.nick.other: description: permission to rename others! default: op nickname.notify: description: Permission to be notified of name changes! default: op nickname.help: description: Permission to see Nick Namer help! deafult: op nickname.realnick: description: Permission to see their REAL Minecraft NickName. default: op nickname.reload: description: Permission to reaload NickNamer default: op nickname.blacklist.bypass: description: Permission to bypass the blacklist default: op nickname.nick.color.&0: default: op nickname.nick.color.&1: default: op nickname.nick.color.&2: default: op nickname.nick.color.&3: default: op nickname.nick.color.&4: default: op nickname.nick.color.&5: default: op nickname.nick.color.&6: default: op nickname.nick.color.&7: default: op nickname.nick.color.&8: default: op nickname.nick.color.&9: default: op nickname.nick.color.&a: default: op nickname.nick.color.&b: default: op nickname.nick.color.&c: default: op nickname.nick.color.&d: default: op nickname.nick.color.&e: default: op nickname.nick.color.&f: default: op nickname.nick.color.&k: default: op nickname.nick.color.&l: default: op nickname.nick.color.&m: default: op nickname.nick.color.&n: default: op nickname.nick.color.&o: default: op nickname.nick.color.&r: default: op
Example Config File:
# Nick Namer Config, available tags for Secrecy are +nick, +name UseTagIfEnabled: true Colored Tags: false NickName TabList: true Blacklist: true Secrecy: Enabled: true Join: '&e+nick &e(+name) &ejoined the game' Leave: '&e+nick &e(+name) &eleft the game' Kick: '&e+nick &e(+name) &ewas kicked'
Players: killjoy64: '&f[&cBoss&f]&ckilljoy64' Download_Fritz: 'Trollitz'
Nick Names Blacklist.txt
stupid phony Notch Uberhaxornova
- Do a MASSIVE code cleanup
- More Commands for Future References
- Duplicate Names/Impersonation check for NickNames
- Add a parser to all commands you type.