Welcome to 1.17!
This was an extremely challenging update for me, as i think it probably was for many other devs relying on NMS calls. The future looks bright, though, I'm hoping updates will be cleaner and much easier in the future.
However, it is now the case that Magic is guaranteed to need an update on every minor Minecraft release. This is an unfortunate trade-off, as previously Magic usually only needed to be updated on major releases, but would more or less continue to function for the most part.
I'll be continuing to work out how best to push forward, but for now I think we are good to go!
Happy axolotl hunting!
- Deprecated spell classes removed:
- Non-functional hologram functionality removed
- Known Issues:
- NPCs might duplicate, this should fix itself eventually
1.17-Only Changes and Additions
- NOTE: Changes requiring modern Minecraft API use may now sometimes only work on Minecraft 1.17 and up. This is a trade-off for now, to avoid dropping backwards compatibility alltogether.
- Hex color support in all messages in-game using an
savespell to engineering configs (unobtainable, only on Wolf staff), for saving schematics) [WIP]
geodeschematic to engineering configs
screamingmob property for goats
- Fix integration with some economy plugins by delaying registration a bit
- Fix a wand dupe issue when adding spell items to a wand inside of a container