• posted a message on Curse keyword substitution not applied for libraries

    Can't you put some pressure on them? This issue is quite annoying and shouldn't be that difficult to fix...

    Posted in: WoW Sites Feedback
  • posted a message on Curse keyword substitution not applied for libraries

    Are these tickets private only? Or is there some place where we can see the progress on ongoing issues?

    Posted in: WoW Sites Feedback
  • posted a message on Localization interface can allow or create mix line endings

    If you take the last release of HHTD, you'll notice that Localization.lua contains mixed line endings (/r/n and /n only).

     

    That doesn't seem to cause issues in WoW but that should not be possible. I never noticed that on the old system.

    Posted in: WoW Sites Feedback
  • posted a message on Localization auto insert not always working

    I can confirm this with Decursive too (tested just now) ; for example in my latest alpha package the localisation substitution did not work file but it did in the previous alpha...

     

     

    Other issues :

    New alpha version I push on Github get packaged with the wrong file name (using the sha-1 hash instead of the last known tag). The version keywords are properly replaced though...

    I also noticed that the ZIP archives appear to be bigger than they used to.

     

    Edit: The missing localization problem appears to be a cache issue: the localization is added after and the zip is modified/replaced but if you download the ZIP before the localisation is done then some file cache gets in the way... (not necessarily on the client side)

    Posted in: WoW Sites Feedback
  • posted a message on LibNameplateRegistry-1.0
    I've updated LibNamePlateRegistry for WoW 7. While its main functionality (tracking nameplates and firing proper events on their creation and removal) is no longer required its API is still useful (especially :GetPlateByGUID(GUID) (which is now completely reliable) and :EachPlateByName() as well as its LNR_ON_TARGET_PLATE_ON_SCREEN callback).

    The library is much simpler now (about 700 lines of code got removed). Several callbacks dealing with incompatibility detection with baddons have been removed since no longer required.

    A new .unitToken member has been added to the plateData table provided by callbacks. This unitToken comes from the new Blizzard's NAME_PLATE_* events and as you know can be used as a standard unitID with WoW's API.
    Posted in: Libraries
  • posted a message on LibNameplateRegistry-1.0
    This would mean that you miss some LNR_ON_RECYCLE_PLATE events. If LNR was not firing them, it would trigger its 'hook' sanity check and the library would shut down.

    So in the end, since the library is not shutting down, this would mean that libCallBackHandler is not calling some of your callbacks which is quite unlikely.


    I think that the problem comes from the way your unitProto.DoLayout() is called. As it's called from an onupdate handler it might get called right after a nameplate is hidden but before it's recycled. I'm not sure of the order in which handlers are called but this might happen.

    How did you notice this issue? Have you found an easy way to reproduce it?
    I've tried adding calls to error() into your add-on but through my tests I couldn't produce a non matching GUID nor a plate hidden before it is recycled (not counting your internal self:Hide() calls).
    Posted in: Libraries
  • posted a message on LibNameplateRegistry-1.0
    I've made the change concerning hooks in the latest alpha.
    Posted in: Libraries
  • posted a message on Fixing the Interface Options Cancel button taint
    I agree, 1 library to fix taint issues seems the right thing to do. Even though what this library will fix will not necessarily be related to the add-ons embedding it, it will globally better the WoW environment for everyone (authors and players).
    Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
  • posted a message on Fixing the Interface Options Cancel button taint
    Well done! I gave up on this a few years ago. We did create a thread on Blizzard's bug reporting forum at the time but to no avail. I stopped adding my add-ons' settings to the interface option panel as a result...
    Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
  • posted a message on LibNameplateRegistry-1.0
    I've removed AceTime-3.0. I found an unrelated race condition bug while testing the new timer implementation. So I decided to release a new version (0.6) before changing the hooking system.


    Actually, this is the upgrading process of the defunct AceLibrary. It has been abandoned because it was considered too complex and heavy.


    I didn't know :/ Maybe I'll reach the same conclusions one day but for now I'm not convinced.
    Posted in: Libraries
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.