This mod allows funds to be recovered from dropped stages so long as they have parachutes attached (not necessarily deployed). It is based on code that I created for Kerbal Construction Time.
What can this mod do:
- Recover funds from stages that have enough parachutes to drop the terminal velocity to a safe level
- Two funds recovery models: Flat Rate, where once the velocity drops below a cutoff a flat rate is returned; or Variable Rate (default), where the velocity within an intermediate range determines the recovery percentage (following a quadratic relationship)
- Works with Stock parachutes and Real Chutes parachutes
- Recovery percentage (flat rate model) is configurable (default of 75% of the normal for the current distance from KSC, 100% if a probe core or Kerballed command pod is attached)
- All cutoff velocities are easily configurable with in-game sliders in the in-game settings menu
- Recovery does not require that parachutes are deployed, only attached (but it is a good idea to deploy them at low altitudes)
- Recover Kerbals in dropped/returned stages
- Recover science in dropped/returned stages
- Integrates with stock message system (reports can be disabled in the setting file)
- Easy to use, non-intrusive GUI for viewing Recovered and Destroyed Stages.
- Editor helper to help you figure out just how many parachutes you need.
- Has an easy to use API that other mods can tie into to be notified of recovery events (success or failure)
- Support for KSP-AVC for version checking
- Recovery stages using their engines (aka, powered recovery)
A review by none other than Scott Manley himself (also reviewing FMRS):
Please visit the forum page for additional information: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86677-0-24-2-StageRecovery-Recover-Funds-from-Dropped-Stages-v1-3-(8-5-14)