A modified tech tree with clearer choices and development. Supports CTT and mod parts.
- Increased player freedom with more options available from the start: manned/unmanned rovers, manned rockets, probes, planes and drones.
- Entry level tech offers the bare minimum to provide a fun and interesting challenge.
- Tech development is based on finer levels of control and ease of use - not just increasing power.
- The parts contained in each tech either work well together or are related in function. No more illogical groupings.
- Receive 5 starting science points to choose between manned or unmanned tech.
- Launch your first plane/drone with solid fuel boosters, and your first rocket/probe with mono-propellant... or go for a drive around KSC with a rover.
- Earlier access to docking ports, RCS, cargo bays, ISRU and turbojet engines.
- Points of entry to Mk2, Mk3, 2.5m and 3.75m parts from both rocketry and aviation lines.
- Players are encouraged to lower the science rewards rate for a greater challenge - OpenTree has been balance tested down to 30% science rewards.
To install simply extract to your KSP installation directory. When installing for the first time, please start a new game.
Supports Community Tech Tree v3.2.1 (download separately) and all mod parts.