CurseForge

3128 - Translations marked as needing review even "Someone should review this translation" was NOT checked

Summary:

Newly added translations are marked as needing review even if the "Someone should review this translation" checkbox was not checked when the translation was entered.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Go to the Localization tab for any project with localization enabled.
  2. Click on the number in the Untranslated column for any locale.
  3. Enter one or more translations.
  4. Leave the "Someone should review this translation" boxes unchecked.
  5. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
  6. Go back to the Localization tab.

Expected vs. actual results:

If the project originally had 5 untranslated strings and 0 strings needing review for Spanish, and I entered 3 translations without checking "Someone should review this translation", it should now show 2 untranslated strings and 0 strings needing review.

Instead, it shows 2 untranslated strings and 3 strings needing review.

Time and date:

The issue was observed 2012-06-17 around 9:30 PM (GMT-8), shortly before submitting this ticket. However, I'm pretty sure this issue has existed ever since the localization system was implemented. I've definitely observed it a number of times in the last year.

Additional information:

The issue occurs in both Opera 12 and Internet Explorer 9, so it is probably not browser-specific.

User When Change
Torhal Jul 24, 2013 at 21:24 UTC
Phanx Jun 18, 2012 at 05:06 UTC Create

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!

  • 2 comments
  • Avatar of oscarucb oscarucb Sep 24, 2012 at 02:54 UTC - 0 likes

    This is still happening and is very annoying to translators using the web interface.

    It largely defeats the purpose of having a "needs review" state, because everything ends up in this state.

    Please fix!

  • Avatar of Silmano Silmano Aug 17, 2012 at 08:56 UTC - 0 likes

    The issue hasn't been since the localization system was implemented. I've suffered today, but I remember last time I touched the localization of the addon, I didn't have this issue. What I don't remember is if it was around May 2012 or December 2011.

    A workaround is to import the localization instead of using the webui for untranslated strings.

  • 2 comments

Facts

Last updated
Jul 24, 2013
Reported
Jun 18, 2012
Status
Declined - We decided not to take action on this ticket.
Type
Defect - A shortcoming, fault, or imperfection
Priority
Medium - Normal priority.
Votes
3

Reported by

Possible assignees