What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Tried to run curse client, an error returned prompting me to download setup.exe
2. downloaded setup.exe and ran, error returned
3. attempted to uninstall and retry setup.exe curse client unable to uninstall (no error just doesn't drop from list in control panel)
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
What version of the product are you using?
Do you have an error log of what happened?
Please provide any additional information below.
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3082
System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000
mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000
dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000
dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000
Deployment url : http://clientupdate.curse.com/CurseClient.application
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://clientupdate.curse.com/CurseClient.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [10/6/2009 7:38:30 AM] : Activation of http://clientupdate.curse.com/CurseClient.application has started.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [10/6/2009 7:38:30 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
- 2 comments